2009 Kia Sportage seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Seat Belts

NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2.6

2009 Kia Sportage seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Kia Sportage:

2009 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Nov 042014

Sportage

This is my 82 year old mother in law car she says the air bag light keeps coming on and staying on so she took it to the dealer they charged her $150 to look at it. This was on Nov 4 2014 the car had only 57047 miles on it. So in March it started doing it again so on March 27 2015 she goes to the dealer this time they didn't charge her but told her it would cost $2,600 dollars to fix. The car only has 59312 miles on it. She is freaked out scared to drive her car and is on fixed income. The two codes they found were (B1489 OCS matt defect) and (B1495 belt tension sensor). My son says he thinks that the Kia rio had the same problem and got recalled. I will give my info not my mothers thank you

- Edmonds, WA, USA