2014 Kia Sportage engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Kia Sportage:

2014 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Aug 032016

While driving my leased 2014 Kia Sportage, there was nonstop continuous hesitation "bucking", with white smoke blowing out of the tailpipe, loss of speed therefore having to press hard on gas pedal to avoid accident by trying pull off road. This happens on city roads and highway. No dashboard light indicated there was a problem. The service advisor at destination Kia said my model does not come with warning lights. It appears to be an oil problem. Oil level goes down with no visible signs of leaking. I only have 24,000 on my Kia Sportage, with one year left on my lease. I am not able to drive the vehicle as I am in fear of stalling in traffic causing myself or others to be injured.

- Loudonville, NY, USA