2015 Kia Sportage miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Kia Sportage:

2015 Kia Sportage Owner Comments

Mar 302015

I was driving on the MA pike near boston at approximately 65 mph in the middle lane. I had a need to turn into the breakdown lane. I turned on my right turn signal and started to enter the right lane and for some unexplained reason the vehicle started swerving back to the left (like it was self correcting)! I tried again to enter the right lane and again the vehicle swerved to the left. I was in moderate traffic, it was difficult to get to the right lane, cars behind me were blowing their horns and I was afraid of a possible roll-over! the vehicle was taken to the Kia dealership on 16 April 2015 for evaluation and I was told all the "codes" checked out fine and they could not find anything wrong. The service advisor mentioned to me that some models come with a lane monitoring system, and the way he described how it worked was exactly what I had experienced! my vehicle did not have that feature because the service advisor stated a camera would have been mounted near the rear view mirror. One of my concerns is the possibility that the software for this system is imbedded in my vehicle and is intermittently triggering. Frankly, I am afraid to drive this vehicle at the present time, and I am surprised the dealership did not retain the vehicle for further intensive evaluation my wife had the same experience twice. The first at the beginning of March and and the second at the middle of March traveling between 55 and 60 mph.

- Chepachet, RI, USA