NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner Problems

2.1

2002 Land Rover Freelander AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Land Rover Freelander:

2002 Land Rover Freelander Owner Comments

Dec 072006

Freelander 4-cyl

In October of 2002 my husband and I purchased a 2002 Freelander from landrover North dade of Florida. The car was in the showroom with minimal miles. Within three(3) days of purchase we returned the car because it shook violently after reaching a speed of 50 mph. I must admit the dealership advised us of some type of malfunction and offered us an exact replacement Freelander. At that point we should have asked for a refund of our cash payment and left landrover alone. It has been a completely expensive nightmare diving this lemon with its myriad of problems: Repeated overheating, loss of power without warning (often times resulting in close call situations, replaced brakes and rotor (lost count), not to mention an air conditioner unit that only works on full power(imagine that in Florida). At present, the vehicle is at an authorized landrover repair shop because the warranty has ended. The landrover dealership has been negligent even rude when approached regarding all these mechanical defects. Two weeks out of every two to three months, my young children and I are without transportation and at least $800 minimum, each time. Most importantly however is my fear to drive the car at all, and to add insult to injury, we are offered $3000 by carmax when we attempted to sell them a car we purchased for over $30,000. With 73K miles.

- Miami, FL, USA