2004 Land Rover Freelander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Land Rover Freelander:

2004 Land Rover Freelander Owner Comments

Jun 172010

Replaced thermostat due to coolant leakage. Service engine soon light keeps coming on and car looses power and shakes violently. Have had to pull over numerous times and shut engine down and leave for a few minutes, service engine soon light stays illuminated. Now tc (traction control) and downhill decent light keep coming on. Took to repair shop and they replaced brake light switch, but lights illuminated while on their final test drive. They told me everything was fine, it could be a wiring issue with the harness and would need to schedule time to investigate. I left the shop and drove 1.5hrs home only to have my husband follow me in the car while I had our 3yr old child with me and tell me the brake lights aren't working at all! when is enough to do something about these unsafe vehicles"?" we have also just changed brake discs/rotors and pads for the 3rd time at 87,000 miles.

- Albany, OR, USA