2003 Land Rover Range Rover electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Land Rover Range Rover:

2003 Land Rover Range Rover Owner Comments

Jun 052013

Range Rover 8-cyl

My vehicle was driving just fine and then the next time I went to drive it wouldn't start, the key would not turn. I called my dad over who is a mechanic and he advised it was maybe the battery.I ended up calling on M roadside assistance to have my car towed to a shop to have it looked and get fixed. The mechanic after a week told me about multiple scenarios it could be. After disconnecting the battery the car was able to start and I drove it to a different mechanic for a second opinion. This mechanic advised me to replace the ignition switch and I did and now after two months the vehicle will still not start! so then I looked online searching for an answer and that when I discovered page after page of people online posting in forums looking for answers to the same issues with there 03 Range rover, with the exact same issues sounds mechanics telling them the same diagnosis! I have come to the conclusion after talking to Range rover directly that after running my VIN the steering column had already been replaced before with the previous owner!. and on the forums people were saying that they did the same replacements of parts and it either worked in some cases or others the problem came back! so I've concluded that Ranger rover should do a formal recall on this part. Because what if this problem happened while driving or while out on the highway you stop for gas and then your car will just not start!

- Hope Mills, NC, USA

May 202005

Range Rover 4WD 8-cyl

Consumer states: The car won't start, 1st time took back for engine light on, 2nd time took it back because vehicle wouldn't start, they said needed to leave on alarm at all times to get it started, then got back same day still wouldn't start, towed back to dealer, who said it was an electrical problem already put went through 4 batteries in vehicle.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 232003

Range Rover

While driving the vehicle, the rear passengers started to cough, the consumer turned around and noticed smoke filling the cab of the vehicle. Within seconds, the vehicle caught fire and was totaled.

- Deal, NJ, USA