2006 Land Rover Range Rover engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover:

2006 Land Rover Range Rover Owner Comments

May 202014

Range Rover 8-cyl

While on a trip from Ohio back to charlotte, nc I was driving through the mountains and got a reduced engine performance warning while on an incline with a truck behind me and the engine would not pick up speed and I began to lose power and almost got hit by the truck behind me. I pulled over, took the key out of the ignition, reinserted the key and was able to drive again. Upon my research, I found that the wiring on these vehicles has a known issue of being crossed and the auxiliary cooling pump has issues as well. I was told by my mechanic that the part is not covered and nor is the labor to fix this issue. I called Land Rover and although they are aware of this issue that they will not do anything about it. This is an obvious issue with the manufacturing of the vehicle as they are well aware of the wires being put in incorrectly!

- Pineville, NC, USA