3.0

2011 Lexus CT 200h miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lexus CT 200h:

2011 Lexus CT 200h Owner Comments

Jun 192015

CT 200h

I was driving my 2011 Lexus ct200H on the NJ turnpike just outside nyc. It was a clear day. The temperature was 85. Suddenly, I heard a loud "pop"--like an explosion. I had just passed a tractor-trailer and thought it had blown a tire. Then I started to hear wind noise in my car. I pulled off at the next rest stop and discovered that my sunroof had exploded. There was a piece of glass missing about the size of two softballs and the remaining glass was all shattered. The edges of the remaining glass were pointed upward. There was very little glass debris resting on the inside cover of the sunroof. There was no evidence that anything hit the car. The Lexus dealer has told me he has not heard of this phenomenon, although it has been documented online. The Washington DC local abc tv affiliate did a story on this topic last summer. Also, my mechanic has told me that he spoke with a local Lexus mechanic who said he has seen this a few times but that Lexus denies it is a problem. Had the inside cover of my sunroof been open, this could have caused a very serious accident...updated 03/15/16

- Washington, DC, USA