2000 Lexus ES 300 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Lexus ES 300:

2000 Lexus ES 300 Owner Comments

Sep 212014

ES 300 ES V6

I have loved my Lexus Es 300 2000 and was hoping that the reviews that I had read were going to be true to what they were reporting. I was led to believe that my Lexus would run fairly well for at least 200,000 to 250,000 but I have had to replace 3 Sensors at a 1000 dollars piece and now my transmission has given out. I had no real warning, it happened very quickly. I thought that another sensor was going because it started to stall a bit like it was not getting enough gas. The next day I took it to the garage and they call and tell me the transmission is going out on it and he can fix it for 3300 dollars. I was hoping to pass this car to my grandson when I got my next car next year. I really thought it had a longer life I thought Lexus was well know for a reliable car - boy was I mistaken, I have put a lot of money into this car and the worst part of not being reliable was that I tried to get the car home and think about what to do next and it would not run well enough to get me there. I had to keep pulling over for fear that someone would rear end me because it would run for about 2-3 miles then slow down to about 10 miles and hour and the rpms would race up to 7-8. I was afraid of blowing the engine so I had to have it towed home - another $115.00 dollars more expense that I did not need. I did notice a few people complain about the transmission so I am a little leery of purchasing another Lexus. I do like the look and the ride of a RX350 but afraid to buy one and have a big bill to keep it running well.

- , Elgin, IL, USA