2002 Lexus ES 300 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Lexus ES 300:

2002 Lexus ES 300 Owner Comments

Jun 132016

ES 300

While driving on a freeway the car made a sudden & brief shutter immediately followed by loss of response by the accelerator pedal. I immediately began to move off the freeway knowing that something was wrong with my car. Upon getting O the off ramp I saw flames coming from around the front left tire. I put the car into park, turned the engine off and exited the vehicle. Within a very few minutes the car was completely engulfed in flames. Passers by who stopped to assist me indicated that they saw flames underneath the car as I was pulling off the freeway. There was no indication of fire (either flames, smoke or gauge indications) for me S the driver until I had exited to the off ramp. The car has been deemed a total loss with cause listed as " undetermined" by the insurance co.

- Alpine, CA, USA

Jul 122011

ES 300

Several times when I accelerate from a stop surges.

- Memphis, TN, USA