2003 Lexus ES 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lexus ES 300:

2003 Lexus ES 300 Owner Comments

Mar 202013

ES 300 6-cyl

I was reversing and trying to turn when my car Lexus ES 300 suddenly picked up high speed acceleration by it self and went forward and hit a fence in front. The vehicle picked up unintentional high speed (full throttle). It was beyond my control. My body went forward and backward violently. For few days I have experienced muscle stiffness, pain and poor night sleep.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 172013

ES 300 6-cyl

After the vehicle has been running from a light or stop there is hesitation when trying to accelerate. I have taken the vehicle to the Lexus dealer in owings mills, md.several times.the first instance they said could not get the vehicle to repeat it. I went back complaining for the second time a was told that it could be fuel injectors clogged followed by another list of potential service items for about $1000+ expense which we deniedit since we have always maintained our car good & alwaysuse 93or 89 octane gas with maintenance service as recommended. This is my wife's car and I am always worried about a potential accident with this car.lately this hesitation frequency has increased from what we hear is that we are not alone and seems to be an ongoing problems.

- Randallstown, MD, USA

Jun 152010

ES 300

We have experienced on several occassions that vehicle hesitates when trying to accelerate at stop sign or when initialy in start to drive at about 20-30 miles per hour at times for few seconds & at times it rattles 3-4 times. This car was purchased as certified pre-owned from Lexus dealer in excellent condition in 2006 that came with extended warranty upto 75000 miles but this problem started with slight & smooth jerk about 3 years back, took it to dealer after noticed for few times to diagnosis. At first instance they could not feel it since it was not consistent but when again complained for second time was told that it could be fuel injectors cloged followed by other list of potential service items we were talking about $1000+ expense which we denied it since we have always maintained our car good & always use 93 or 89 octaine gas with maintenance service as recommended. This one is my wife's vehicle & used to commute to work mostly on express way. We do have couple other issues with this car but not as important. Now, lately this hesitation frequency have increased & from what I hear is that we are not alone and this seems to be an ongoing issue with some other ES300 owners as well.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Mar 032010

ES 300 6-cyl

1. the vehicle hesitates with initial acceleration (slow or quick acceleration). 2. the automatic transmission also hesitates. I suspect that ounce the acceleration problem is fixed that the transmission problem would be fixed. 3. I have gone to the Lexus dealer to update the computer with a new chip to help resolve the problems with no success. 4. I have discovered on the internet that hundreds of Lexus owners have the same complaint. In some cases the dealers have the audacity to suggest thats the way the car was designed! why isn't Lexus listening to all the complaints? thanks

- Pittsburg, CA, USA