2005 Lexus ES 330 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Lexus ES 330:

2005 Lexus ES 330 Owner Comments

Jan 082009

ES 330

My 2005 Lexus ES 330 caused the most horrible accident yesterday. I am lucky to be alive! I started my car and put the gear in reverse and proceeded to put my foot on the gas pedal and it accelerated to such at high speed backwards, I took my foot off the pedal and the car still proceeded to accelerate, I hit the brakes and it still wouldn't stop until I slammed into a tree. I was completely helpless. If it weren't for the tree, I would have gone into oncoming traffic on the main road. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital and am pretty banged up. My neck & back are in excruciating pain and my hand must have slammed into my side window and is cut, bruised, and swollen to 5 times the size of my other hand. The police had my car towed and the whole back of the car was crushed almost to the back seat with the rear window shattered. I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. The next person may not have a tree to stop the car and may not survive.

- Lynnfield, MA, USA