8.0

2005 Lexus ES 330 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Lexus ES 330:

2005 Lexus ES 330 Owner Comments

Aug 162005

ES 330 6-cyl

The car had just completed it 5000 miles service. After leaving the dealership I drove about 5 miles and was stopped at a traffic light. I felt a jolt and got out of my car and walked around the rear and saw a tire laying in the roadway between my car and the car behind me. The driver behind me said that the tire appeared out of nowhere and bounced up and under his car and then bounced back and hit my bumper. I did not realize that the spare tire is stored under the vehicle in the 2005 Lexus rx 330. I immediately returned to the dealer and showed the service manager the tire and the cover for the tire which had also fallen off. He opened the cover and found that the metal cable that held the tire in place had severed. He said he wanted to keep the car to show to a company representative. It is now 4 weeks later and we have not received our car back or heard form Lexus as to the resolution. Shortly before the incident, I had been traveling at 55 mph. Someone could have been seriously injured if this had happened while moving.

- Belleair, FL, USA