2005 Lexus ES 330 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Lexus ES 330:

2005 Lexus ES 330 Owner Comments

May 232007

ES 330 6-cyl

Wed May 23, 2007 went to jm Lexus to check on the lights on the dashboard which say air bag on and air bag off. Saw joshua lentz who said they recalibrated the system. He told me that as long as front passenger weighs above 70 lbs the air bag system should operate. I asked if the air bag would activate in event of accident if the air bag off sign shows. He told me it would not activate. Today as we drove the sign air bag on showed. After a stop at a store we drove home and the air bag off sign showed all the way home. Today I called 1-800-255-3987, which is the Lexus customer assistance center & spoke to mr caleb. He will have someone call me in two days with some answers. Am still waiting for the call. Fri May 25, 2007 got call back from john hall, service manager at jm Lexus. Told me he will be in touch with Lexus in California about the air bag problem. He believes they are working on the software for the air bag and he will try to find out when they think they will have a solution. He will call me today after he speaks to California. Sun May 27, 2007 haven't heard from service manager john hall.

- Tamarac, FL, USA