2007 Lexus ES 350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 232013

ES 350

I recently read about the issue with the Lexus is model being given a technical advisory for the breakdown of the dashboard and I was wondering why this problem is only addressed on the is model and not the ES as well. I am an ES 2007 owner who is and has been experiencing the same problem for many months now. I was told by Lexus that to replace it would cost $3000 and I have already replaced the instrument panels on the steering wheel for the same problem where the rubber has broken down and disintegrated. I am angry because this is a Lexus for god's sake. I recently asked my insurance company if I could claim this damage and they told me that they had heard of the same problem in 2007 Toyota's and is's and that Toyota issued a recall. My thing is if Toyota issued a recall, then so should Lexus. Are we supposed to believe that they used different products when they have the same look as the ones in the Toyota line of cars for that year? I am upset that my luxury care is a luxury road hazard and nobody has addressed it in the ES350. Starting around 2013, the rubber on the steering wheel and dash board started to disintegrate. First becoming sticky, then shedding small bits of plastic and finally becoming slick and shiny. At the time of purchase I had my vehicle aftermarket tinted all around and use sun shades religiously. I have already paid out of pocket over $900 just to have the steering wheel parts replaced with new rubber and I think that it is ridiculous that I have a Lexus whose glare from the shiny dash has been causing me problems when driving at night to the point where I avoid driving at night.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Nov 012013

ES 350 6-cyl

Dashboard melt when the temperature reach 80 degree which is most days of the year in Florida, couple of month ago the melting dashboard is causing a severe glare that make visibility difficult, as a result it is a hazard to drive this car every day or for more than one hour at the time or the temperature is 80 degree or higher. Lexus refused to remedy the defect in the past and now that many people are complaining Lexus is saying the do not have enough parts to replace all the melting dashboard. Meanwhile I can be killed in a car accident and Lexus could care less. I have three young children, safety and visibility are essential to drive my car. I no longer feel safe in my Lexus ES350 2007 and I lost my trust in the brand name. I need your help in remedy my hazard/safety issue caused intestinally by Lexus knowing Florida has a higher temperature than most other states.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Jun 022014

ES 350 6-cyl

I purchased a certified used 2007 Lexus ES 350 in 2010 with approximately 26,000 miles. In 2014, I left the Lexus in my Florida parking lot for the summer (may-October). When I returned from New York, the entire Lexus dashboard had melted! due to the melting, there is a shiny glare on the windshield which makes it hard to see. I believe this is very dangerous and there should be a recall. I paid a lot of money for this car, and this is a serious safety defect. Lexus should recall these cars and fix this problem.

- Palm Beach, FL, USA

Sep 012012

ES 350

The dash board on my car is melting the glare is very bad makes driving on a sunny day very dangerous car is not safe.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 022012

ES 350

Dashboard sticky and shiny can barely see when it's sunny outside.

- Baker, LA, USA

Mar 012013

ES 350 6-cyl

Dashboard is melting which makes it difficult to see due to the glare. Bugs and dirt are now stuck on the dashboard that you cannot clean. I now have plastic containers to decrease the glare. My Lexus dealer was to see if he could get me some assistance on getting this fix in Sept. 2013; no word to-date. This is a major hazard both day and night (glare from street lights).

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Sep 282011

ES 350

My dashboard has been melting, sticky and pieces have been falling off since 2011. I have reported it to Lexus and they said now that my car is out of warranty they won't cover it, even though there was a memo released in 2010 to replace dashboards if they were under warranty. Mine was never replaced and Lexus is claiming they have never heard of this memo.

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Sep 132014

ES 350

The dashboard is melting this is a safety hazard because of the glare. I brought it to Lexus in viera fl and twice they said they will do nothing about it.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Sep 232014

ES 350

I have a complaint about my ES 350 Lexus 207. The dashboard is melting. I believe this is a defective problem. I am concerned about safety issues. This is my second Lexus and never had a problem with the first one; (dashboard) ES 300 Lexus (2003). I hope there will be an investigation about this matter. Thank you

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jan 022012

Dash panel melting.

- Tomball, TX, USA

Aug 262014

ES 350 6-cyl

Hello, we own a 2007 Lexus sedan and love everything about the car except for the dashboard. It has started to melt and have become sticky. The reason for my complain here is because it has become a driving hazard since the sun is always bright in Texas and the sticky dashboard glares onto my windscreen making driving really difficult and wanted to file a complain since I tried to get it fixed from Lexus and they are charging me $1000 for replacing it. It is manufacturers defect and I am not ready to pay for their mistake. The fact is I still have extended warranty with Lexus but dash is not covered in that. Please look into this matter.

- Irving, TX, USA

Jul 122010

ES 350 6-cyl

I'm responding to the segment I saw on the news regarding the melting dashboards. I took my car into the Lexus dealership back in 2010. They were not very friendly as a matter of fact they tried to make me feel stupid by telling me that who ever is washing and clearing my vehicle maybe using a cheap product on the vinyl. And when I asked about the areas that were not melting. I was told that, those areas are probably not being cleaned. I was then asked if I'm present when my car is being cleaned and what products are being used. I contacted Lexus again this year after learning that someone wrote a story about melting dashboards and I was told that they didn't know anything about it and it sounds like wear and tear. With the dashboard melting like it is, leaves a blinding glare which in my opinion is very dangerous. My husband and I literally have to sit forward and look underneath a little spacing left between the dashboard and the window shield. I would also like to add that the rear trunk button has also melted.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 012013

ES 350 6-cyl

The dashboard on my vehicle is melting. This is causing an unsafe glare on the windshield. It is very difficult to see out the windshield due to the melting, shiny dashboard reflecting onto the windshield. The dashboard is very sticky to the touch, you can't wipe the dashboard due to the stickiness causing a rag or cloth to stick to the dash. There is currently no help available from Lexus in regards to this problem. This S a vehicle defect, I have never had a vehicle do this. The only fix is to replace the dashboard.

- Largo, FL, USA

Jul 252014

ES 350

My dashboard has been melting and has caused me to be burned and causes a glaze in my window when I drive it.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Jan 012012

ES 350 6-cyl

The entire dashboard on my vehicle is melting. The cause is unknown but it appears to be a material, or material process, issue. The shiny black melting dashboard is highly reflective. It impairs my vision on a sunny day. I've tried many different types of sunglasses to try to make it easier on my eyes, but nothing seems to help. I have talked to Lexus, they agreed that it's a problem but their offer to "help" pay for the repair was not acceptable (50% of ~$3200). The melting process began about 2 years ago, it was a local problem (reflections only at certain sun angles). Currently, the entire dashboard is melted (reflections all day when the sun is out). Thanks!

- League City, TX, USA

Jul 212014

ES 350 6-cyl

Dashboard is melting causes sticky dash and causes glare off windshield; makes seeing extremely difficult.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jan 012014

ES 350 6-cyl

The dashboard is very sticky to the touch. When trying to remove the stickiness with a paper towel and cleaner, the paper towel became stuck to the dashboard. At this time unable to clean the dashboard. The dashboard is creating a glare on the front window making it difficult to see at times. The black rubber exterior trunk release button melted. I went to open the trunk and had difficulty getting the trunk to open. When I bent down to see what was wrong with the button, it was totally melted and smeared across the bottom. I had black residue on my fingers when I touched what was left of the button. I reported both incidents to my service manager in June 2014 when I took my Lexus in for an oil change. I was told that the trunk button would be over $300 and the dashboard was not covered.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Jun 012013

ES 350 6-cyl

Dashboard material melted creating a blinding glare on the interior of windshield during daytime hours. Dangerous driving condition.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Jul 152014

ES 350 6-cyl

The dashboard is melting and shiny very sticky. The glare from the dashboard is interfering with the driver's vision.

- Lutcher, LA, USA

Mar 232010

ES 350 6-cyl

I bought this car used on March 2010. At first I thought the previous owner had sprayed something on the dash to clean it. The dash was reflecting the sun so bad that we finally bought a cover and installed it. This has been a life saver! I saw another person on tv with the same problem, and this prompted me to do some more research. It is true that the entire dash board is melting! I was under warranty when I bought it and paid for an extended warranty for 4 years. My warranty just ran out in April and I have not renewed it at this time. I did mention to my Lexus dealer about the issue while I was under warranty, but they were not able to correct it for some reason. Even when I told him that the glare was so bad, he still could not remedy the problem. So I would like to add myself to the number of people with the same concerns as mine.

- Hialeah, FL, USA