2007 Lexus ES 350 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus ES 350:

2007 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Jun 032015

ES 350

Exterior lights on low beam intermittently go off, first one side then sometimes the other, I was once traveling on the interstate at night 70 mph and they both went out. Once I pulled over and turned them on and off several times they came back on and about 10 miles down the road the right one went out again. This has been going on for about 6 months. My mechanic replaced the bulbs and checked fuses. It's still happening. Oddly, when the headlight goes out the indicator light on the dash doesn't light up either. Sometimes I'd drove the car into work and someone would say I have a headlight out and I'd take it to my mechanic (which happened more than I can say) and they would be fine, until the next time. This is a serious safety issue and I'm not sure if my car will pass the annual inspection. There's only 81,000 miles.

- Charles Town, WV, USA

Jul 252013

ES 350

The headlights are supposed to track with the direction of my I front tires. For the past 2+ years my headlights have sporadically been turning off. Sometimes it will be one light, other times it will be both. I am forced to turn on my brights. Usually, I can immediately switch back to my low beam and they will come back on. I took the car to my local auto repair shop so they could change the light bulbs. After inspecting the lights, they found the plastic mount was disintegrating. The heat from the halogen lights was deteriorating the plastic. As a result, the mount was unable to track. They did not want to attempt to replace the bulbs because the whole unit was too fragile.

- Reston, VA, USA

Mar 302015

ES 350

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus ES350. While driving at an unknown speed, the headlights failed intermittently without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 112,000. MA 08/10/15

- La Palma, CA, USA

Oct 192011

ES 350

The lower beam hid lights went out intermittently (sometimes left, sometimes right front-light). After stopping and turning off the ignition, the lights come on again after restarting the engine. A few times, both lights turned off at the same time, so that I was completely in the dark and I had to pull over and stop the car. After I replaced the bulbs, it improved for about 6 month. After that, the same problem started again this created some very scary situations, especially when it happened when I drove at night on a dark freeway with heavy traffic and at high speed.

- Playa Del Rey, CA, USA

Dec 152012

ES 350 6-cyl

Pulled over in Dec 2012 and given verbal by police because driver side low beam headlight out/while talking to police clicked lights on and off and headlight started working. Had balance changed. 29 Sep 2013 pulled over by police because drive side low beam headlight out/clicked lights on and off and light working/received ticket for improper headlight.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jun 162012

ES 350 6-cyl

My right headlight began to flicker and did so for several weeks, then the left one started to do the same thing. Now they both completely shut off when I'm driving. I need to turn them on and off several times before they come back on. This is not only frightening, but extremely dangerous. Makes me afraid to drive after dusk. To add to the matter...... recently, my passenger side window fell off of the track. My husband was able to manipulate the window to get it to stay up...but now I am unable to use that window. This week my driver side window has done the same thing. When a window falls out of it's track it is totally unexpected and causes a major distraction...especially when it's right next to you on the driver's side! one more item...... now my sideview mirrors change position while I'm driving. I couldn't understand why when I was driving I could no longer view vehicles in the lanes next to me and then I realized my mirrors had changed. Again, a safety issue because now I need to readjust my mirrors while I'm driving. I can't believe this is the quality of a Lexus! what's next"??"

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Aug 212012

ES 350 6-cyl

I was driving on the interstate and both head lights went out at 70 mph. The problem started with one light then the other with no reason. You can switch them on and off several time and they usually come back on but when they both went off at the same time at 70mph they restored a 8 times! I took the car the dealer and instantly they start talking about what I needed to pay. I should not have to pay for manufactures defect. As many many 2007 ES 350S are having the same problem, but there no recall. This a safety issue. I do not have a case open with the Lexus corporation but they are singing the same song as the dealer. I guess someone has to seriously injured or die like ES350 that had the acceleration problem to pay attention. Very sad.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Apr 102012

ES 350

Low beam xenon headlight on drivers & passengers side intermittently shuts off. At times both low beam headlights flicker and shut off completely causing no vision at night. When the lights are switched off then back on they work once again but usually for a few minutes only. Pulled over by cops and when. It seems like it is a know problem and Lexus does not want fix it!!!

- Springboro, OH, USA

Nov 302010

ES 350 6-cyl

My left headlight started going out, it would come back on, then my right started and now both lights will go out while driving. Seeing many of the same complaints online.

- Brandon, MS, USA

Nov 082011

ES 350 6-cyl

While driving at night my headlights went out. I turned them off and on quickly and they came back on. This has happened several times since the first incident. This is a serious safety concern. I googled to see iof there have been other reports of this problem and I was shocked to see so many. I was also shocked to see that the dealers wanted to replace the headlights before checking the electrical system or computer. It happened again tonight and I plan on contacting my local Lexus dealer tomorrow morning.

- Beaufort, SC, USA

Aug 282010

ES 350

On my 2007 Lexus ES350 the headlights stopped working; first the driver side would fade out after driving a while and then the passenger side went out. Car only has 75K miles. Was told by dealer that hid lightbulbs can gradually go out while driving and no warning light comes in the vehicle. Cost to replace 2 lightbulbs was $460! seems very unsafe to have headlights gradually go off while driving at night!

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Jan 012010

ES 350

07/Lexus/ES350/4dr for the past 2 months, my headlights have been going on and off. Sometimes when I drive at night, the lights will just go out. Then I am left to drive in the dark. Sometimes if I turn the lights off they may or may not come back on again. If they come on, it is only briefly. Then the problem starts again. This is a safety hazard. I am fine as long as it is daytime, but at night, this is quite scary. The dealership has told me that it would cost at least $500 dollars to replace both lights and that this is the first step before determining if there is an electrical problem. The price is outrageous just for a headlight bulb when this may or may not be the problem. Please assist me with getting results before I am involved in an accident.

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Feb 012009

ES 350

07/Lexus/ES350/4dr for the past 6 months, my headlights have been going on and off. I can be driving at night, and the lights will just go out. Then I am left to drive in the dark. Sometimes if I turn the lights off and then back on again, they will come back on, but only briefly. This is a safety hazard. I am fine as long as it is daytime, but at night, this is quite scary. The dealership has told me that it would cost $800 dollars to replace both lights. Then they said it would cost $400 to replace them with less than standard bulbs. This is unacceptable - just for headlight bulbs. Please help me before someone gets hurt. Thank you

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Dec 232007

ES 350 6-cyl

Hid headlights on 2008 ES350 are aimed to low for safe driving. I almost struck a family of 4 on seabrook island as they walked close to the shoulder. The dealer stated there was nothing that could be done about this as the lights are computer controlled but "they are working on it" this is an unsafe and dangerous situation that must be corrected properly.

- Johns Island, SC, USA