2008 Lexus ES 350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus ES 350:

2008 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Mar 082011

ES 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus ES350. The contact stated that the dashboard had a sticky substance. The contact made several attempts to clean the substance, but the sticky residue remained. The dealer was notified and advised the contact to cover it with carpet. The contact's visibility was constantly being affected by the glare. The contact also received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The dealer was unable to indicate when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was not available. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Saint Augustine, FL, USA

Feb 162013

ES 350 6-cyl

I was in stop and go traffic. Bumper to bumper. The car in front moved forward and I pressed the gas pedal 2 seconds and went back to the brake. The engine started to rev up out of control. I pressed on the brake as hard as possible and managed to slow the car but not stop it. I put it in park but the engine continued to roar. It finally went back to normal. Lexus checked the car but said they found nothing wrong. This model had been recalled for the same problem. Clearly the car may be dangerous. Lexus denies all responsibility. The inspector left a thumb drive in the car but I can't read it. I would be glad to send it to you.

- New York, NY, USA

Jul 242012

ES 350 6-cyl

Bought my car in 2008, since 2012 my dashboards is very sticking because it is melting, by that time my guarantee was active because I paid extra to extend it. For the first time in 2012 I call the office of Lexus to inform the problem, my customer service representative told me to bring the car in to check the problem and to make the appointment to leave the car, I thought that it was included on the guarantee, and he told me no, he told me that maybe the Lexus would help me to lower the price, but that I had to pay, and I said no thank you I don't have the money. After that the dashboard got worse, and I call back on April 2013 to talk to my customer service representative, and he was transferred to another department, at that point I told the representative the problem, and it got worse to the point that is very difficult to drive when is sunny, he told me that my guarantee it was expired and that I had to pay to fix it. But I don't think is fair that after I paid $40,000 for my car I have to paid to fix it, when it should be a recall for the Lexus with this problem.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Oct 012013

ES 350

The passenger side window glass popped out while my wife was driving this car to school to drop off our kids. It did startle her because of the noise. She was alert enough and any accident was avoided. I got the car checked out by a Lexus dealer and they said that it was due to a faulty plastic tab that broke and the entire glass assembly needs to be replaced (even though there is nothing wrong with the glass itself) this is a known problem in Lexus as acknowledged by a tsb (technical service bulletin) L-sb-0003-09 issued by them on January 26, 2009. The car was still under warranty at that time, but they failed to inform me about this potential problem.

- East Brunswick, NJ, USA

Oct 012013

ES 350

My passenger side front window will not roll up properly. Apparently the plastic clip broke off and the entire window has to be replaced. This is definitely a defect by Lexus. I have seen a lot of complaints online about this. Lexus is charging 700 dollars to fix. I will not buy another Lexus or recommend one to anyone because Lexus should take ownership for this one.

- Augusta, GA, USA

Sep 172013

ES 350

While driving on the highway at 60 miles / H my driverside window suddenly fell down which seriously distracted me and which almost resulted in a collision with another car. Feedback from Lexus is that the plastic tabs that hold the window disintegrate over time and as a result the entire window will need to be replaced. It's clearly a safety hazard and should pro-actively be addressed by Lexus.

- Dallas, TX, USA