2012 Lexus ES 350 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lexus ES 350:

2012 Lexus ES 350 Owner Comments

Dec 082013

ES 350

I had a 2012 Lexus ES 350 and had problems with it. The first problem occurred when I was parking. I was angle parking and had my foot on the brake when the car jumped into a brick wall. Four air bags exploded in my face and rendered me unconscious. I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. I could hardly walk and my legs were extremely swollen and I had many other bruises. The second incident was that the passenger seat of the car went on fire and burnt the seat. I feel I should not have to pay the final excess wear and tear bill of $829.50. In fact I believe I should be reimbursed for the last payment of $455 since the car was not in my possession. I had returned it to wilde Lexus of sarasota on March 16, 2015 as I was extremely concerned about the safety of the vehicle.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Oct 212014

ES 350 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Lexus ES350. The contact stated the person driving saw smoke starting to emit from under the passenger seat, after the seat heater was activated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician found a small burn hole on the left side of the driver seat. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,200. Updated 2/24/15 Lexus informed the consumer, the burn hold was not located near the seat heater grid or where the electrical wiring was located and therefore, they would not cover the repairs. Updated 03/02/15

- Sarahsota, FL, USA

Apr 012014

ES 350 6-cyl

On the passenger side dashboard next to temperature control switch, dashboard vinyl is melting, it has bubble and one bubble was broken to make a hole. I noticed it on April 1, 2014. When I changed the cabin air filter on March,31 in glove compartment, I didn't see it. I brought my car to new country Lexus and described the issue hoping that their technician may see issue with temperature control resistance may causing wiring to heat that is causing vinyl to melt. But they didn't see it that way, instead they are saying that I might have dropped a chemical on it, I swore to them I didn't use any chemical and I don't have any passenger except my wife. I don't want to fix the vinyl until I fix what caused it. But, unfortunately Lexus dealerships trained technician didn't see anything causing it from the inside the dashboard. By taking second opinion from outside repair shop, he mentioned the temperature control resistance may be heating up the wire that might have caused the vinyl to melt. I feel that this is a real issue and it may cause a fire. I have opened a case with Lexus corporate and a case manage promised to call me by April 4, 2014. Updated 04/17/14

- Clifton Park, NY, USA