2.8

2006 Lexus GS 450h engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus GS 450h:

2006 Lexus GS 450h Owner Comments

May 252016

GS 450h

Takata recall...my 2006 Lexus GS300 has 131,467 miles & is excessively consuming oil. I was told by Lexus that they want to do a diagnostic tests for $2300 to take the engine apart. This problem started last year and is worse now. The low engine oil light comes on after only approximately 2,000 miles. I had the oil topped off & went back in 1,000 miles & there was hardly any oil on the dipstick. On the Lexus forum, this seems to be a common problem with the 2006 GS300 and Lexus needs to take responsibility for issues happening with their vehicles. If the engine were to fail while driving this could be detrimental. There was supposedly a letter about old consumption sent out, but they never contacted me with a letter or at the dealership.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

Jun 012013

GS 450h 6-cyl

Low engine oil condition with no evidence of leaks. Excessive oil burning and having to constantly check and add several times between regularly scheduled oil changes. Often observed by checking before warning indication. This could lead to major engine failure including sudden lockup, stall, overheating, thrown rods, etc.there is recent evidence and admission from Lexus that the piston rings were defective upon manufacture.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Feb 032015

GS 450h 6-cyl

I took my vehicle into Lexus and they confirmed there was a problem with this exact year and make and model for the cars engine misfiring. Lexus has acknowledged there was a campaign to fix this very issue and have confirmed my car needs the work done but has said they will be of no service to me. This problem has been fixed for other customers in the same situation but I feel as though Lexus is directly ignoring me for a serious problem.

- Burtonsville, MD, USA