2006 Lexus GS 450h fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus GS 450h:

2006 Lexus GS 450h Owner Comments

May 122015

GS 450h

I recently received an "important safety recall" notice from Lexus on a car that we had traded in on a new Lexus at the Lexus dealership in bossier city, Louisiana in 2012. I called the national number for Lexus to tell them that I no longer owned this car. They said that their records showed me to be the last owner of record, and said that their information came from the state of Louisiana. Upon receiving a second recall notice, I checked the Lexus owners' site at www.lexusdrivers.com, where we are shown as owning our 2013 Lexus, but no other. I called the local dealership and spoke with brandy kirkendahl, who handles registration paperwork. She told me that Louisiana's site showed the 2006 car as having been traded in, and that I was no longer the owner, but was the last owner of record. The 2006 Lexus had been sold to another dealer, and not registered again in Louisiana. - here's a systemic problem: Whomever now owns this car is not getting recall notices, unless they are having the vehicle serviced by Lexus. That's probably unlikely, since Lexus charges an arm and a leg for its services. This is an "urgent safety recall." It apparently involves the fuel pressure sensor sealing surface and gasket, and involves a risk of fire. This can't be the only vehicle without a known owner. I don't know whether this identification problem is unique to Lexus or not.

- Benton, LA, USA

Oct 152014

GS 450h

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Gs. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V647000 (fuel system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Yonkers, NY, USA