2013 Lexus GX 460 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lexus GX 460:

2013 Lexus GX 460 Owner Comments

Oct 012012

GX 460 8-cyl

This vehicle is sold as a 4 wheel drive with off road capabilities, but does not come equipped with the proper tires. Lexus tried to cut costs by providing tires made for city streets. When I travel on poorly maintained soft-sand[dirt] roads the vehicle is difficult to control because the tires do not have the proper tread for the intended use. I have had several almost accidents and I know it is only a matter of time before I have an accident. I do not feel that I should have to buy new tires. The dealer doesn't seem to care so I contacted Lexus of North America by certified mail and informed them I will be holding them responsible for any accidents caused by improper tires. I have not heard back from them. My previous car was a 2006[same model] that came with off-road tires and I had no safety issues. I am sure there have been quite a few accidents caused by selling off road vehicles without the proper tires but as most of these accidents are "one car accidents' generally at very low speeds there are most likely no statistics to be had. Thank you for our safety concerns.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA