2014 Lexus GX 460 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lexus GX 460:

2014 Lexus GX 460 Owner Comments

Mar 012014

GX 460 8-cyl

Around 5000 miles I noticed my vehicle pulling the right. I took the car into Lexus and asked for it to be repaired. When I picked the car up it seemed better but still not driving straight. I took it back again and they repaired it again. Back in July around 10000 miles I noticed the vehicle leaning to the right more than 1 inch. I took it in for repair and was told they were aware of the problem and would get back to me when they had a resolution. I felt unsafe driving the car and forced the issue and was able to take the car back the next day and get a loaner. 2 weeks later my car was able to be picked up and did appear to be driving better and leaning less. I received a letter from Lexus after filing a final repair notice that "my concerns were not caused by a defect in the workmanship". now as of February the lean is back. I contacted the person who wrote the letter and was told this was a "characteristic of the vehicle" and not a defect or any affect on performance. I still don't understand how it is safe to drive around in a car that leans to the right. If I were to slam on brakes how do they know if would not roll over. And how do they know this is not causing other issues with the vehicle as far a wear on parts and/or tires. I am now filing a vehicle repurchase request with Lexus.

- Peachtree City, GA, USA

Feb 142014

GX 460 8-cyl

Vehicle leans excessively to the right (passenger side). We feel the vehicle is unsafe. It appears to promote premature wear of tires on leaning side.Lexus says it's within it's specifications. We did find out the company, dealer management, sales, and service was fully aware of the defect prior to the sale to us. The dealer did an upgrade which 'did not' solve the lean. Also there remains a acidic smell like dried urine which will not go away. We thought it was the new car smell but hasn't gone away.

- Palacios, TX, USA

Sep 082014

GX 460 8-cyl

The vehicle is leaning to the right side all the time, I take it to fix to time already, and the first time the said the change some spring, so now they said its nothing to fix, I call Lexus and spoke with some manager. And also she doesn't have any solution, so now they said the going to sent someone to check the vehicle so it's like they don't trust of the dealer mechanics, or I don't know because the manager also talk with the services guy on the dealer where I take my car in conference call, so now I waiting to see what it's coming out now because if they already said its nothing to repair and the car it will be like that, if that happens in a brand new car what do you can expect by years, so I hope the come out with a good solution that can benefit the customer, I don't want to have a uneven car, also I risk my live driving a car like that.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Jan 162014

GX 460 8-cyl

I am having issues with the brakes and ride height. Right front is low in the suspension. Materially lower than the left side. At downhill grade, brake pedal foes down but does not hold the car intermittent.

- Del Mar, CA, USA