2003 Lexus GX 470 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lexus GX 470:

2003 Lexus GX 470 Owner Comments

Jun 012013

GX 470 GX V8

I purchased this vehicle about 6 years ago (2006) when it only had around 30,000 miles on it. I had to have the brakes done and the rotors turned less than a year later. Then a couple years after that - had to have the rotors turned again. Three years later - it is apparent they need turning again. I just read this has been a problem with other Lexus GX470s - not sure why, but you shouldn't have to turn your rotors every couple of years, especially when I average less than 20,000 a year on the vehicle - mostly highway mileage. It is a pain and not that cheap either at $200 to $300 a pop. Other than that - I love my GX 470. I just wish this was not an issue. My guess is they will tell me I will have to replace the rotors this time when I take it in since I know they have been turned at least two or three times now.... No telling how much that will cost me.

- , Cherryville, NC, USA