1.0

2003 Lexus GX 470 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lexus GX 470:

2003 Lexus GX 470 Owner Comments

Oct 102014

GX 470

It is possible to simultaneously depress the gas pedal when braking, this causes sudden uncontrollable acceleration I reported the incident too Toyota and requested upgraded ECU software that disables the gas pedal while braking Toyota refused to provide a simple software fix my wife is a witness.

- Lake Oswego, OR, USA

Nov 212013

GX 470 8-cyl

When I was driving my Lexus GX470 (2003) with my family on a local street at around 35 mph, my vehicle suddenly stopped by itself. The brakes engage by itself and the vehicle stability control activated with beeps. Fortunately, no one was behind me. I took my car to the local mechanic, he checked the brakes, calipers..etc, he said everything is fine but he couldn?T find any reason why it happened, he asked me to contact Lexus dealer. I called the Lexus dealer service center, I explained the service representative about what happened, he told me to check the brake calipers, I told him the mechanic already checked it. Anyway, even the Lexus dealer couldn't explain why it happened.

- Ashburn, VA, USA