2.6

2004 Lexus GX 470 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lexus GX 470:

2004 Lexus GX 470 Owner Comments

Apr 012014

GX 470

The entire dash board is cracked. There are spots on my leather seats and arm rests are cracked and torn. Also told the truck doesn't have shocks but I can feel every bump

- West Park, FL, USA

Sep 242016

GX 470

Cracked dashboard and occasional thump, bump when I stop at stop lights

- Hampton, VA, USA

Jan 012009

GX 470

Cracked dashboard with shiny spots that give glare when driving in the sun.this is an issue whenever the car is in motion on any surface (street, highway, turning, etc). We received zld warranty enhancement notification and got on local dealership (grapevine, Texas) "will call" list over a year ago. Dealership continues to say they will call when part is available. Online it appears the only people who have had dashes replaced are those who have Lexus blogs, etc.

- Colleyville, TX, USA

Aug 042008

GX 470

When I purchased my vehicle from the Lexus dealer it had an occasional thump, bump clunk when I was stopped at stop lights. Sort like someone was trying to bump me forward. I have complained about this at every service appointment including warranty appointments. No one seems to know what it is. It has gotten much worse. I therefore have tried to do some internet research and appears that not only does Lexus know what it is but they might have actually published a technical service bulletin on the problem. I am fearful that the vehicle is becoming unsafe and I believe with the number of complaints I found on the Lexus sites that this is should be a recall issue not an issue that my dealer continually ignores. My Lexus also in cold weather (low 30S) has a large growling noise when stopped and brakes applied. I think it is part of the aforementioned issue. I have had my vehicle aligned a few times. It has a sensation of pulling right. However it stays true, pretty much, on the road. I should not have this feeling in the steering play. Lastly, I am constantly changing out the outside lights on the vehicle. Headlights, turn indicators and rear brake lights.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Feb 162009

GX 470

My 2004 Lexus GX470 is garage kept and the dash has several cracks. One around the instrument panel and one above the air conditioning vents and one the passenger side. I keep my dash conditioned and my car is very well maintained. Despite my efforts the cracks continue to get worse. This started a few years ago and continues to progress. I am afraid that will effect the integrity of the airbags should they deploy.

- Ringgold, GA, USA