2008 Lexus GX 470 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus GX 470:

2008 Lexus GX 470 Owner Comments

Mar 112014

GX 470 8-cyl

I was driving and merging from the local lanes on Maryland I-270 sb to the main lanes. In order to move slowly from one lane to another, I applied the brakes to slow down and move to the lane on my left. When I applied the brake, I heard a strange sound and the vehicle jerked violently. The vehicle failed to decelerate, therefore I attempted to re-apply the brakes once more. At this point, the brakes did not seem to be working and the vehicle continued to accelerate beyond my control. I was unable to control the speed using the brakes and the vehicle hit several cars to my left and right. Afterwards, my vehicle hit a large tractor trailer at which point the vehicle finally came to a stop. Throughout all of this, my airbags did not deploy at all. My vehicle has been declared a total loss due to the damages by my insurance, Liberty mutual.

- Boyds, MD, USA