2010 Lexus HS 250h miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Lexus HS 250h:

2010 Lexus HS 250h Owner Comments

Feb 052010

HS 250h

On at least three separate occasions, my Lexus Hs 250H has had a sensation of losing its brakes. Each occurrence happened while slowing to a stop on a bumpy road. As the brakes are applied to stop, if the car hits a pothole or bump, it feels as though I am on glare ice with no deceleration at all. The sensation lasts only a moment and then normal braking resumes. It seems to only happen at slow speeds on a bumpy road. In each case it was noticeable enough that my adrenaline kicked in. I have reported this to the dealer and to Lexus. No repairs or other actions have been taken yet.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Jan 252010

HS 250h

Hello, I have a 2010 Lexus hs250H. The car is wonderful, but since it has recently started raining in my area, I have had several experiences when my right tires go over two small metal plates in the road near my house and I apply the brakes and the car seems to go out of control. It appears to seize and slip, and it is very frightening. As a result, I have been driving around the metal plates to avoid them. However, if I don't know the area I cannot always anticipate this type of problem. A second problem I have had with the car, is when I drive through a pothole in the road, it also appears to go out of control, surging and stopping. I consider these two situations to be safety issues, and I have never experienced them with any other cars I have driven in almost 35 years.

- Oakland, CA, USA