1.6

2006 Lexus IS 250 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 182016

Rear view mirror foggy

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Mar 082015

IS 250

My 2006 Is 250 71,000 miles has black spots and discolorations on my rear view mirror. It Is almost as if someone sprayed it with something that didn't come off, or peeled a sticker off, definitely it isn¿T clear and won't clean.part 571 < 571.110571.112 > subpart B - Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards §571.111 standard no. 111; rearview mirrors. S1. scope. This standard specifies requirements for the performance and location of rearview mirrors. S2. purpose. The purpose of this standard Is to reduce the number of deaths and injuries that occur when the driver of a motor vehicle does not have a clear and reasonably unobstructed view to the rear.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 012016

IS 250

My dashboard Is melting at an extremely fast pace. I can barely see if the sun Is shining in my car the right way, dash and side panels are melting, called Lexus they won't do anything about it.

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Jun 182016

IS 250

Is 250 dash has melted and creates harsh glare and reflects into the windshield blocking the view out the front (see the attached picture in which the gooey surface of the dash is blocking the view of other vehicles on the road) when driving East or West towards the sun making it dangerous to drive. The problem is worst on hot days when the dash becomes more tacky, gooey, and reflective. The dash also seems to off gas and create a haze that builds on the windshield. Toyota is replacing some off the dashes and interiors through a "warranty enhancement" but will not replace mine because the vehicle has been in a wreck, had an insurance claim, and been repaired. This voids their "enhancement". the issue is present on many Lexus vehicles, though and can be a hazard. They will not fix my vehicle because this issue is not yet a recall. I am worried about not being able to see out of the vehicle well.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Apr 192016

IS 250

Rear view mirror has black spots forming. It Is obstructing the view from the rear view mirror thus creating a potential safety hazard. Black spots are forming inside the mirror and not on the surface.

- Kahului, HI, USA

Jan 302016

IS 250

The rear view mirror on my 2006 Lexus IS250 is hard to see out of because there is something that looks like rust behind the glass. I did some research online, and there are several complaints and pictures with mirrors that look the same as mine. I am not certain what causes this to happen but it appears to be a defect in at least the 2006-2007 series of Lexus from what I have researched.

- Benton, AR, USA

Sep 272014

IS 250

Back in Sept 2014, I notice a brown stripe in the rear view mirror, but I tough it was dirty, then after a few months it got worse, and now Is very difficult to see, I think it should be an investigation of this problem and a recall because there are many owners of this model with that problem. There Is no reason for a mirror to turn brown like that unless Is like 50 yrs old.

- Cooper City, FL, USA

Dec 182014

IS 250 6-cyl

I noticed a black spot in my rear view mirror one day and did not think anything of it, however the one spot turned into multiple streaks. It's getting harder to see out of the mirror which to me is a safety issue. I noticed that there are many complaints on this issue and there should be a recall on this defect as well. I have to make an appointment for the recalls on the melting dashboard and doors and engine. Lexus should really take care of this problem. I have purchased several new vehicles however I have had more problems with this car than I did with my other cars.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jan 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

My rear view mirror Is discolored and has black spots on it. It's a safety issue and it's difficult to see. I've told the dealer several times and they said it would cost over 800 to replace the part. I see many Lexus owners have the same issue and I believe its a default in the part. I don't think I should pay 800 to have it replaced.

- Miami Beach, FL, USA

Nov 032014

IS 250

The dashboard of my 2006 Lexus IS250 Is slowly melting and becoming sticky. Unfortunately as it has, deteriorated the dashboard really reflects the light, so much so that it becomes blinding at times. I have not treated my dash with any chemicals or cleaners this Is a known problem among Lexus owners, it just at times becomes very worrisome since the glare from the dash onto my windshield becomes blinding at times if the light hits it right.

- Ewing, NJ, USA

Sep 192014

IS 250

I have a melting dashboard. The dashboard has been turning soft, gooey, and shiny over the years. If I reach for something on the dashboard a piece of the dashboard comes off with the slightest touch of my hand. The shine Is extremely dangerous in that it obstructs and distracts the view of the driver. A recall should be alerted to resolve this issue. I've contacted Lexus about this issue several times and I get no help from regarding the dashboard.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Sep 012014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard Is melting and Is so shiny when the sun or light hits the windshield it blinds you very very dangerous something must be done no one else should have to die before you guys force Toyota/ Lexus to recall and fix this problem !!!!!!

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Sep 012014

IS 250

The dashboard on my Lexus IS250 has started to literally melt. It Is very sticky to the touch and very shiny. The shininess causes a very serious glare on my front windshield which can blind the driver.

- Leicester, NC, USA

Aug 282014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard is melted on the drivers side making it almost impossible to see clearly at certain times during the day. This is a serious problem that needs to be looked into because it can cause wrecks if it hasn't already. I know there are probably thousands of people that have this problem and Lexus should stand by its brand and fix problems that are not the consumers fault.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Aug 182012

IS 250

Rear view mirror on my 2006 Lexus IS350 has horrible visibility. It Is not damaged on the surface. The surface Is smooth and clean, however there are multiple spots where visibility Is not available.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Jun 012008

IS 250 6-cyl

The inside rear view mirror is discolored and is difficult to see clearly from.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jul 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

Sun causes shiny dash which results in a safety issue with resulting excessive glare on the windshield. Cracks and splitting in dash may result in possible degradation to the passenger front air bag because the cracks and splits in dash could potentially cause the airbags to deploy.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Jun 272014

IS 250 6-cyl

We recently bought a used Lexus Is 250 2006, and shortly after buying noticed two huge problems. This is extremely disappointing because, as first time Lexus buyers, we were expecting to be impressed by the quality of the Lexus brand. Now we're concerned because both of these problems are widely report by others from the hot, sunny South. 1. the rear-view mirror is distorted in such a way that it doesn't provide a clear view. We didn't notice this before we bought because the lady we bought it from had a vanity mirror with little diamonds over top of the regular mirror. Since it matched the vanity license tag that she had and since she was an interior designer, we didn't suspect at all that it was covering up a huge safety issue. The vanity mirror obstructed safe driving and it was a horrible mirror, and when I took it off, I found that the Lexus mirror underneath was laden with black/brown blotches, making it very difficult to see traffic behind me. 2. the melting dash is shiny and creates a glare on the windshield that makes it difficult to clearly see out the front windshield. I didn't notice this on our short test drive before we bought the car, but on my way home from buying the car, it was a bright, sunny day and the glare from the sun shining from the dash and reflecting up onto the windshield was horrible. The glare caused me to reach up to touch the dash to see what was causing the glare and I found the dash tacky and soft. The stickiness is a major concern as well, but the biggest problem is that it is a safety issue. Not being able to clearly see out of the front and the back of the vehicle is putting many lives in danger. I hope Lexus doesn't wait until there are injuries and deaths reported as a result of these manufacturer's defects. We want to love this brand, but this type of un-recalled defect is causing us to doubt our choice of a Lexus vehicle.

- Bulverde, TX, USA

Jan 012014

IS 250

I copied one of the other complaints, since my experience is exactly the same. Car dashboard is literally melting. The surface is now sticky which reflects a glare on the front windshield obstructing safe viewing for driving. When the sun is shining, it is very hard to see through the reflection of the dash on the inside windshield. Rearview mirror has black lines obstructing safe viewing for driving.

- Collierville, TN, USA

Aug 012013

IS 250

Car dashboard is literally melting. The surface is now sticky which reflects a glare on the front windshield obstructing safe viewing for driving. Rearview mirror has black lines obstructing safe viewing for driving. Lexus is aware of both issues which appear to be manufacturer's defects but refuses to recall. Consumers are expected to bear costs to repair these manufacturers defects upwards $3000. A dashboard should never melt.

- Houston, TX, USA