2006 Lexus IS 250 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Aug 152009

IS 250

Hi, with all the news lately regarding the problems with "sticking" gas pedals on certain Toyota models, I wanted to emphasize that I don't believe the problem is limited to Toyota. I had E-mailed you previously to describe similar problems my wife and I have had with our 2006 is 250, where the car felt like it wanted to lurch forward with our foot on the brake pedal. Additionally, the tachometer needle was fluctuating while this was happening. Our car even died once at a stop light for no apparent reason. There is a record of our taking the car into putnam Lexus for inspection of this problem. We never did receive a response from Lexus to our first E-mail. And, we do not feel that a creeping floor mat was the cause of the problems we were experiencing. We feel that the problems we've described need to be investigated further since it is safety related. I just tried four times to send this description to Lexus through their online E-mail system but kept getting, "operation failed, illegal parameters."

- Foster City, CA, USA