4.0

2006 Lexus IS 250 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

May 232016

IS 250

I have a 2006 Lexus when I checked the VIN it shows a recall for the air bag but online also shows if the car is 10 years older the repairs will have to be made by the owner meaning I have to pay for it..this is a safety issue another thing I notice is the interior door panel is sweating something and gets hazy and wet looking when my nail hits it it leaves a mark. I normally have kids in the car the air bags is a big problem if not fixed soon and it hits 2017 I will have to pay for repairs.. the recall was sometime this year please see the attachment if not fixed I would have to trade it in for safety

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jun 102016

IS 250

Cracked, sticky shiny dash board and door panels, the car still parking on my lote

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 112014

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact stated that the dashbard melted and became sticky and shiny. As a result, the reflection of the sunlight caused a glare on the front windshield. The glare distorted the contact's visibility when driving. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012015

IS 250

Dashboard and door panels are liquefying. The melting dashboard Is creating a haze on the windshield that's obtrusive for safe driving. The door panels are cracking every where.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jun 012010

IS 250

It has severe deterioration on the inside door and cab panels caused by a material used by Lexus that under extreme heat waves like the one's we experienced in South Florida, makes the surface of this material soft to the touch, rubbery typed, staining anything it comes in contact with.

- Miami-Dade, FL, USA

Mar 132015

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact stated that the dashboard melted and emitted a foul odor. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000. The VIN was not available.

- Allen , TX, USA

Dec 182014

IS 250 6-cyl

I noticed a black spot in my rear view mirror one day and did not think anything of it, however the one spot turned into multiple streaks. It's getting harder to see out of the mirror which to me is a safety issue. I noticed that there are many complaints on this issue and there should be a recall on this defect as well. I have to make an appointment for the recalls on the melting dashboard and doors and engine. Lexus should really take care of this problem. I have purchased several new vehicles however I have had more problems with this car than I did with my other cars.

- Savannah, GA, USA

Jun 272014

IS 250 6-cyl

We recently bought a used Lexus Is 250 2006, and shortly after buying noticed two huge problems. This is extremely disappointing because, as first time Lexus buyers, we were expecting to be impressed by the quality of the Lexus brand. Now we're concerned because both of these problems are widely report by others from the hot, sunny South. 1. the rear-view mirror is distorted in such a way that it doesn't provide a clear view. We didn't notice this before we bought because the lady we bought it from had a vanity mirror with little diamonds over top of the regular mirror. Since it matched the vanity license tag that she had and since she was an interior designer, we didn't suspect at all that it was covering up a huge safety issue. The vanity mirror obstructed safe driving and it was a horrible mirror, and when I took it off, I found that the Lexus mirror underneath was laden with black/brown blotches, making it very difficult to see traffic behind me. 2. the melting dash is shiny and creates a glare on the windshield that makes it difficult to clearly see out the front windshield. I didn't notice this on our short test drive before we bought the car, but on my way home from buying the car, it was a bright, sunny day and the glare from the sun shining from the dash and reflecting up onto the windshield was horrible. The glare caused me to reach up to touch the dash to see what was causing the glare and I found the dash tacky and soft. The stickiness is a major concern as well, but the biggest problem is that it is a safety issue. Not being able to clearly see out of the front and the back of the vehicle is putting many lives in danger. I hope Lexus doesn't wait until there are injuries and deaths reported as a result of these manufacturer's defects. We want to love this brand, but this type of un-recalled defect is causing us to doubt our choice of a Lexus vehicle.

- Bulverde, TX, USA

Jan 022012

IS 250 6-cyl

After spending lots of money on Lexus I didn't expect for it to be melting. The whole dashboard and side panels are turning sticky and melting. When I touch it my fingers turn black and sticky. Its also hard to see when the sun shines directly on the car because the dash reflects the sun from the windshield.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Jul 202011

IS 250 6-cyl

When I touched the dashboard it was melting. Also any little touch to door panels marks it. Pieces are falling off as well every time I get into the car. It's ridiculous it's a Lexus! please help.

- Margate, FL, USA

Apr 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

I bought this vehicle used from a dealership in miami, fl. The first couple of weeks I noticed the driver and passenger door panels were getting scratched by simply touching them. A couple of weeks after that, the dashboard on the vehicle started to "melt" and became very sticky. Also by simply touching the dashboard, it become/becomes scratched and pieces come out when touched with fingernails. Sometimes it Is difficult/impossible to see when the sun Is out because it creates a huge glare due to the dash melting. This problem has been getting worst as time passes. I contacted the dealer regarding the problem and they told me they were aware of it but I would have to pay the labor and dash cost if I wanted the problem to go away, est cost: $1200. The same problems are on driver, passenger and backseat door panels.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

May 042010

IS 250 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact stated that the material covering the dash board was melting. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician was unable to determine what was causing the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 37,000 and the current mileage was 100,000. Updated 7/7/14 updated 07/14/2014

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Oct 052011

IS 250 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact stated that the entire dashboard and four door panels had melted in some areas and exhibited several cracks. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The technician informed the contact that the excessive hot weather caused the defect. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Jacjsonville, FL, USA

May 012013

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus IS250. The contact stated that the driver and passenger side door panels, and the dashboard had melted and became sticky. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who advised that the door panels and the dash board needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure and current mileage was. 22,000.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

May 032006

IS 250

: the contact discovered on a sunny day in March, while washing the vehicle, there were white spots covering the entire vehicle including the headlight covers and windshield. Upon inspection, by the dealer, it was determined the windshield, head light covers and all exterior windows needed to be replaced. All exterior panels need to be ground down to the metal and a corrosive protector has to be applied before the vehicle is repainted. The dealer felt a corrosive road material may have caused the problem, although the vehicle has never been driven in such conditions.

- Spring Grove, IL, USA