2006 Lexus IS 250 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jan 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard Is turning into a sticky shiny mess. In bright sunlight the dash Is so shiny that it reflects the sunshine back into the inside of the windshield making it very hard to see out when driving in certain conditions. Although the dash looks terrible and one could think that it's just a cosmetic issue, that Is not the case as the conditions that the dashboard reflects the light into the windshield can make for hazardous driving or accidents.

- Cypress, TX, USA

May 022011

IS 250

I have a 2006 Lexus IS250, I want to report that my dashboard and door panels are melting and peeling apart. This has been going on for about 4 years now. I know there has been numerous complaints about this, I am also reporting I have the issue.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Oct 222014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard and door panels are melting, cracking and sticky and the glare off the dashboard is very dangerous to the driver and other drivers on the road. I think Lexus should issue a recall on these parts before someone gets really hurt.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Aug 132014

IS 250

Affected part Is the dashboard the dashboard Is shiny to were I can't see when the sun or at night headlights reflects off it. Its sticky and soft and melting. I really try not to drive it if necessary.

- North Richland Hills , TX, USA

Oct 012014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard Is melting and the sun light Is reflecting off the dashboard and blinding the driver.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard Is sticky and melting, which causes a blinding glare when driving making it hard to see when driving.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 112014

IS 250

Dash and black parts of doors are melting, cracking, and pieces are falling off. When driving and in sun dash gets very shiny and reflects onto windshield. Concerned about the integrity of the dash and possible affect it could have on the air bags.

- Seminole, FL, USA

Sep 192014

IS 250

I have a melting dashboard. The dashboard has been turning soft, gooey, and shiny over the years. If I reach for something on the dashboard a piece of the dashboard comes off with the slightest touch of my hand. The shine Is extremely dangerous in that it obstructs and distracts the view of the driver. A recall should be alerted to resolve this issue. I've contacted Lexus about this issue several times and I get no help from regarding the dashboard.

- San Gabriel, CA, USA

Sep 242014

IS 250

Dashboard is melting in the hot sun. It causes a glare which is dangerous to drive.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 232014

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard is melting / sticky / cracked. We have concerns for safety with the airbags malfunctioning as a result of the faulty dashboard.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Sep 012014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard Is melting and Is so shiny when the sun or light hits the windshield it blinds you very very dangerous something must be done no one else should have to die before you guys force Toyota/ Lexus to recall and fix this problem !!!!!!

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Sep 012014

IS 250

The dashboard on my Lexus IS250 has started to literally melt. It Is very sticky to the touch and very shiny. The shininess causes a very serious glare on my front windshield which can blind the driver.

- Leicester, NC, USA

Aug 282014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard is melted on the drivers side making it almost impossible to see clearly at certain times during the day. This is a serious problem that needs to be looked into because it can cause wrecks if it hasn't already. I know there are probably thousands of people that have this problem and Lexus should stand by its brand and fix problems that are not the consumers fault.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Sep 042012

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard and door panels are melting when the car is in the sun.

- Miramar, FL, USA

Oct 102013

IS 250 6-cyl

My dash and doors are melting. I took my car to Lexus last year and they offered to pay for half, but my half was too expensive for me to pay, $3,000. I also don't feel that I should pay for a melting car when I take excellent care of my car. It Is always in the garage when I am at home, and I keep a sun shield in the dash when I am at work. I love my car and it only has 78,000 miles; it runs great, but it Is melting! I called Lexus again when I heard a story on the news that others were having the same issue. They told me to have it inspected again, and then informed me that they would probably not pay for the repair because my car Is a 2006. I will never be able to sell it unless I resolve this issue. I am so frustrated.

- Jensen Beach, FL, USA

Jun 012008

IS 250 6-cyl

The inside rear view mirror is discolored and is difficult to see clearly from.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Dec 012006

IS 250 6-cyl

Interior - melting dash and door panels; my dash and door panels are disintegrating for no reason and have been for some time. Looks as if it has melted. All door panels are doing this but the best example is that no one sits in the back of the car. I open the rear doors, panels look as if someone has cut pieces out of it. Panels are just melting and coming apart. (melting and disintegrating interior).

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Jul 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

Sun causes shiny dash which results in a safety issue with resulting excessive glare on the windshield. Cracks and splitting in dash may result in possible degradation to the passenger front air bag because the cracks and splits in dash could potentially cause the airbags to deploy.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard and door are melting in my car.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Sep 012010

IS 250 6-cyl

My entire dash board is melting. The door panels have melted in some areas and cracked in others. Car is in excellent condition and wanted to sell it but no one would even look at it with a sticky dashboard that is melting and door panels that all cracking off. Lexus says they are not responsible because it is out of warranty. They will discount the replacement of the dashboard at an exuberant charge! this is a manufacture defect, fire hazard.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA