1.8

2006 Lexus IS 250 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Jul 012014

IS 250

Melting dashboard. Shortly after purchasing my Lexus IS250, I was contacted by Lexus informing me that they would be repairing their melting interior panels. It has been over a year and despite several attempts to get the repair completed have been told that I am on the list to be contacted. I have still not been contacted to have this repair completed. It makes it extremely difficult to see during daylight.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 102014

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. While driving 35 mph, the engine and the vehicle stability control warning lights illuminated. The contact stated the vehicle became harder to control. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the pistons ring sets needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 121,000.

- Findlay, OH, USA

Mar 092013

IS 250

I took my vehicle in to a Lexus dealership on March 15, 2013 because the engine has powered down while driving & the check engine and vsc indicators came on simultaneously, the car is also idling hard. I had the vehicle inspected and it was found to misfire by the technicians at the dealership. I was told that this is a massive recall and that my parts will not come in for eight months. I am afraid to drive my vehicle which is why I brought it to the dealership and do not understand why the company will not loan me a vehicle while this manufacturing defect is corrected.

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Oct 182009

IS 250

I own a 2006 Lexus IS250 and there is a problem that I cannot see to handle nor the dealer can handle. The problem with the car is that when I'm going over 60 to 65 mph the check engine light blinks and the vsc light comes on. The car does not accelerate and just the RPM would go up. I took the car in to the dealer with extended warranty in hand on 4 now 5 different occasions and everytime I'm hearing different stories. Here is the list. * May 22, 2009: 60,000 mile service done.* Sept 6, 2009: Took the car in for "check vsc & check engine". next day they told me nothing was wrong with the car.* Oct 10, 2009: Towed car to dealership. "check vsc & check engine" light came on again.pulled over on the highway 3 times to reset but the lights did not go away. Pulled over twice earlier that day, twice the day before also.* Oct 14, 2009: (Lexus told you that the issues were resolved by swapping the engine coils the day or two before. No charges.) I requested an emissions test before I came to pick it up. Lexus called back and told me that the engine light came back on again during the emissions test. Still looking for the problem.* Oct 18, 2009: Lexus called, told me that the problem with the engine is because of the carbon buildup. They were going to cover the valve springs but I would have to pay for the cleanup which is $ 960. Not covered by ext. Warranty. 2 other dealers told me that the carbon buildup cleanup was an injunction service and it is supposed to only cost 190 dollars. The funny thing is that the dealer wrote the problem is caused by "carbon buildup cleanup?" with a question mark. Took the car and had the injunction service done. I took the car to another Lexus dealer and they told me that while the other dealer was doing the coil swap they cracked the cover for it and now gas was leaking. Had to get it fixed and also did the carbon buildup cleanup (injunction service). Feb 2010 same problem occurred.

- Haymarket, VA, USA