1.7

2006 Lexus IS 250 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Jan 012016

IS 250

Car has a recall but I do not think they were done by dealership history record has been purge. A lot of safety issue with this car.

- London Ontario Canada, AL, USA

Mar 312016

IS 250

About 3-4 times a day when I'm driving freeway my car will let off a roton egg smell. I was told by a mechanic it might be my cytalist converter but when checked it passed.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Dec 302014

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus Is 250. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V647000 (fuel system, gasoline). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Calabasas, CA, USA

Feb 012013

IS 250

In late 2012 took my wife's Is 250 to the Lexus dealership due to heavy raw gas smell. The Lexus dealer in NJ stated that the issue was related to old spark plugs...had my first tune up for the vehicle at 100K miles. Well the smell didn't go away. We recently moved to fl and took the vehicle to a fl Lexus dealership. This time we forced them to hold the car over night as the raw gas smell is prominent in the a.M., then goes away. They found the fuel hose/fuel gasket from the engine to the fuel tank was leaking. Why couldn't the other dealer figure this out? looking up complaints on this web site suggests the fuel smell issue is common for the '06 Is 250 model. This was a very dangerous situation with my wife and 2 year daughter traveling in the vehicle on a daily basis. Shame on you Lexus. There should be a recall for '06 Is 250. Stop being cheap!! cost us $1,250-1,500.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA