2006 Lexus IS 250 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 250:

2006 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Aug 102016

IS 250

As I was about to park the car on a city street. The electrical steering suddenly failed. It became extremely difficult to turn the wheel. It could be the connectors of the electrical steering cause the sudden loss.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Apr 102016

IS 250

Electronic power steering locked up out of the blue while driving. Very dangerous. Almost seemed as if steering was fighting to turn the direction opposite of the direction I was turning.

- Cypress, CA, USA

Dec 012013

IS 250

Extremely disappointed by a couple of issues Lexus refuses to fix. I bought this car with 84K on the odometer and less than a year after that all these problems arise. The steering Is safety issue that needs to be replaced asap. Driving anything over 50 mph the steering starts to become notchy at the center and at times difficult to keep in a straight line. The steering wheel whines as I turn almost as if something Is about to break. Lexus quoted me $3000 to replace the electric power steering which Is absolutely ridiculous. I would love to replace it but $3000 dollars on a part that shouldn't have broken anytime soon Is very disappointing. Then to make matters worse there Is a known engine leak. The timing chain cover leaks oil and the dealer quoted me $5000 dollars to fix it. That Is $8000 dollars worth of repairs for two problems that Lexus needs to recognize. This doesn't include the other very common problems such as the navigation screen melting in the summer time so that it Is inoperable. Now the dashboard becomes sticky and shiny making it hard to see in the daytime and it chips so easily. Im extremely disappointed due to the fact that Lexus usually makes solid vehicles. Many other owners are facing the same issues and they need to be recognized.

- Gaithersburg , MD, USA

Aug 062012

IS 250

The contact owns a 2006 Lexus is-250. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds the power steering failed. As a result, the steering wheel seized and became increasingly difficult to turn in any direction. The contact mentioned that the vehicle had received repairs for the power steering failure before. The dealer was contacted who advised to have the vehicle towed to their location in order to have it diagnosed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 115,000.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Nov 142011

IS 250 6-cyl

While driving my steering wheel sometimes jerks to the left or right so when I drive my had is always firm on the steering wheel because I don't know when it my jerk again, it happens mostly happens on roads that are not strait surface, my biggest worries is that when I was driving to work and was on left lane the car jerked to the left and almost went strait to the concrete barrier. I took it to sewell Lexus and they could not identify the problem at the time they said it was my bad break pads and bad front rotors, so I got that done thinking it would fix the problem the cost do get that done was $1,002.92 and after driving off the dealer the car still had the same problem. The car drives smooth but it has those sudden steering jerks that really concern me.

- Dallas, TX, USA