2007 Lexus IS 250 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus IS 250:

2007 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 012014

IS 250

Approximately 2 years ago my entire dash board and side panels started to melt. I have contacted Lexus and they continue to say they are waiting on the manufacturer for parts. I live in marrero Louisiana with extremely high humidity and temperatures. This has been a safety hazard. When the sun hits my windshield, the glare from hitting the melted dash completely blinds me. I have to lean to the right side just to see out of my windshield. It is melted to the point of it being untouchable without getting sticky glue on your hands. Anything that rubs against the side door panels creates grooves and marks because it's like clay. Now theres a recall with the takata inflators in the front passenger airbag which really concerns me because its affected by high temperatures and humidity causes degrading of the part. Since my dash board is completely melted to the consistency of hot glue, I can't imagine that helps with my airbag situation either. I have been contacting Lexus for the past 2 years with no luck. If I should have an accident due to the dash glare, I will expect to have the production company held accountable. Any help you can offer with getting this message across to anyone at this point would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Marrero, LA, USA

May 012015

IS 250

The dashboard over the instrument panel and the front and rear side door panels are melting, cracking and deteriorating which causes dents in the material to the touch. All of the material is discolored and sticky or melting. This needs to be replaced immediately and a recall needs to be dictated by the NHTSA asap. Lexus notified me of the problem almost a year ago, and when I called they told me it would take another 9 to 10 months before they could replace the dashboard and side door panels. So, it would be over a 1 or more years since the original Lexus notice that they maybe can fix the problem. This is unacceptable and this is why the NHTSA needs to demand Lexus initiates a official recall for the affected vehicles with the melting dashboard and side door panel issues

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 012015

IS 250

My dashboard Is sticky and melting and when the sun shines it causes a glare. It Is worse in warmer weather.

- Williamston, SC, USA

Jan 012015

IS 250

My dash has been melting for several months now, it doesn't matter if I use something to block out the sun. Not only is the dash melting, it is breaking off in chunks in certain areas. When you touch it, it is sticky and leaves a print of whatever touched it. I am not able to clean it and it leaves a bad glare from the sun when you are driving. This isn't the first case I have read about this - what is going to be done, if anything.

- Goldsboro, NC, USA

Feb 182015

IS 250 6-cyl

I lost power steering and very hard to turn the steering wheel. Ps light is came on the dash.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Sep 182013

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard has melted with a liquid appearance. When the sun Is high in the sky, a reflection causes a severe glare on the windshield. Often it Is necessary to move my head over around the glare to see whats directly in front. The dealer so far has just stated we should get the dash replaced at our expense, but this does not seem like something that should have to be replaced on a luxury car after only 5 or 6 years. We may be forced to do this to keep the car safe. We have heard there are some class action lawsuits starting in some states. We may be interested in participating in one of these to get the dash replaced.

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Sep 292014

IS 250

Material on my dash appears to be sticky, possibly due to hot weather, and can cause a significant amount of light reflection producing glare on the windshield. Depending on the sun's relative direction to the car, it can hinder visibility to where driving during the daytime is not feasible.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 012014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard panel has deteriorated to the point that it Is soft, tacky, and a significant glare Is reflected onto the windshield reducing a driver's visibility. The deterioration continues to worsen spreading throughout the dashboard where the passenger airbag Is enclosed.

- Houston , TX, USA

Jul 312014

IS 250

I have a sticky dashboard with all four of doors are cracking, soft and sticky, upon touching the sticky soft dash rubs off onto your hands and clothes, there's a glare that reflects unto you eyes when the sun shines upon sitting and/or driving which causes a severe vision impairment which can and will cause an accident eventually.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Aug 282014

IS 250 6-cyl

I own a 2007 Lexus IS250 and the interior is melting. The dashboard has a glossy, sticky residue that has made driving during the day in sunny conditions impossible. The residue causes a glare that hinders my ability to see while driving. So much so that I almost missed a stop sign! the door panels are melting to the point that if you touch them the material sticks to your hands and clothing or just falls off and when I get it on my hands it causes a rash. I've contacted Lexus and submitted a request to have these parts replaced and I was quickly denied. I'm reporting this issue to you today because this is my only vehicle and I have no choice but to drive it and I wanted to document my concerns in case something were to happen. Thank you for your time. Have a great day!

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Sep 102014

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard is literally melting. Looks shiny and is sticky to touch. Leaves black residue on fingers and creates a dangerous glare on windshield.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Sep 012014

IS 250

The dashboard seems to be melting and Is sticky and shiny. It creates a blind spot when the sun hits it just right. I contacted my Lexus dealer in austin and they say car Is out of warranty so they want us to pay to fix it. I don't think a dashboard should be melting and turning glossy. This should be considered a defect that poses a safety issue.

- Leander, TX, USA

Jun 012012

IS 250

The dashboard Is melting and causing a huge glare on the windshield making it hard to drive. Also the material on the door panel Is like clay. Your nails dig in.

- Tampa , FL, USA

Aug 182014

IS 250 6-cyl

The dashboard of my 07 Lexus Is 250 has been oozing a greasy unknown chemical. Aside from being unsightly and dirty, this sticky dashboard poses a severe safety issue. On sunny days, very common in S.Florida, the chemical ooze produces a glare on the windshield that impairs the driver from having a clear unobstructed view of the road. I almost struck a pedestrian due to the fact that he was unseen by me due to the blind spot created by the glare. Luckily, I was able to stop in time. Being able to clearly view the road is essential in conducting a vehicle safely. Research needs to be conducted to see if the defective dashboards will have an impact on the effective and safe deployment of the passenger airbags if a slight graze by a fingernail on the dashboard causes it to break off, how will the it react with the speed and power that an airbag deployment will have. Another safety concern, that needs to be investigated is the toxic impact that this chemical creates, especially after being exposed to the heat of a parked car in the sun. Is anybody investigating the impact that this defective material may have on the health of my family and myself, after being exposed to this unknown substance on a daily basis" this material is reacting so unexpectedly by falling apart, how do we know it is not toxic? I 'm the original owner of this żżluxury vehicleż who has less than 60,500 miles. Lexus and the dealer, offered 25% off to repair the defective dashboard and doors. It is disappointing and troublesome to realize that Lexus does not acknowledge that this safety and quality issue is due to defective materials and not caused by regular wear and tear. What criteria does Lexus use to decide who gets this manufacturer defect repaired for free and who pays $3000? how is it possible that my floor mats have outlived my dashboard and door panels"

- Miami, FL, USA

Jan 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard of the car has melted, specifically right in front of the driver position. The size of the melting/shiny reflective area is round and like 9 inches wide. The reflection of the shiny melting rubber from the dash affects having a clear visibility of the road. This is a safety hazard and not acceptable for a relatively new vehicle. This happened for the first time over two years ago, but it just keep getting worse, the car is driven by my pregnant wife.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jul 302012

IS 250

Dashboard Is extremely sticky as if melted and causes an awful glare on the windshield during night and day hours. Lexus said this was a vanity issue and would not warranty it out. I do not have the money to replace the dashboard. Also the handles on the doors where the same materials Is, very soft and able to be manipulated which does not affect driving but it Is an issue.

- Largo, FL, USA

Jul 012013

IS 250 6-cyl

Dashboard on this vehicle Is slowly melting off causing a hazardous glare when driving. The glare interferes with vision while driving. With the dashboard melting I am now questioning whether the air bags are in full function or if they are faulty. The door panels are staining clothing and handbags as well. Lexus has said this has been reported many times and they are aware but they are unable to assist with this issue. Driving this car during daylight Is becoming dangerous.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 052014

IS 250 6-cyl

Took car to dealership due to shiny and sticky dashboard. Was told this Is a known problem but will not repair under good will since warranty has passed. Dashboard Is extremely sticky, will this cause air bag problems during an accident? the shiny surface also reflects and makes driving difficult in sunlight.

- Salinas, CA, USA

May 162013

IS 250 6-cyl

Very big glare in dashboard that blinds your view in the windshield while driving.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Jan 012013

IS 250

The dashboard is sticky, chipping and melting resulting in a blinding glare on the driver side wind shield. The glare reduces and hinders visibility and it has become a safety concern and hazard. The dash and door panel are so soft that anytime I bump it with my nail or ring, a chunk of the dash comes out. This melting is a potential hazard for the function of the air bags.

- Stuart, FL, USA