2007 Lexus IS 250 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus IS 250:

2007 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Sep 012007

IS 250

Lexus IS250 wheel rims leak air and could cause a injury.

- Texarkana, TX, USA

May 112010

IS 250

There appears to be a design defect relative to the clearance of the front tires with the wheel wells. I was driving on the freeway and suddenly heard a loud thumping which I assumed was the tires because as I slowed, the noise slowed and then stopped. I got to my destination only a few minutes away and checked the tires to find that the furthest interior 1 inch of tire tread of my right tire had been ripped off and exposed a portion of the steel radial. The remainder of the tread of the right tire was in tact, and had about 1/4 inch of tread, indicating to me that the tires were not worn down at all. I had 33,000 miles on the car, nearly all freeway. I believe that the tires make contact with the inside of the wheel wells when you attempt to turn as tight as possible, as in making a U-turn. I base this on my recalling making sharp U-turns and hearing a rubbing/grinding sound coming from the tires. I went to the Lexus dealership in glendale, ca, and informed the service department of my belief and showed them the tires. They stated that the tires were not drivable (which was obvious) but that it was just normal wear-and-tear. I then showed them the remaining tread on the tires and their excuse was that the alignment must be off and causing that part of the tire to wear quicker. They rejected my demand that they replace the tires on grounds that the car had a design defect. I was forced to buy replacement tires at my expense.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 172009

IS 250

Written description is in letter form attached to complaint.

- Kerrville, TX, USA