2008 Lexus IS 250 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus IS 250:

2008 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Mar 122016

IS 250

My dashboard Is melting and it Is effecting my safety.

- Ochlocknee, GA, USA

May 092016

IS 250

My dash on my car is shiny and sticky from the defected meterial it is made out of and causes glare from the windshield when driving. Door panels are also leaving sticky residue behind on my hands when I touch the door panel. Lexus dealership admits from 2006 to 2008 there is a defect in the interior meterials melting and becoming sticky, but will not do anything to fix it because I am out of warranty. Please help this is very annoying that they dont care.

- Fitchburg, WI, USA

Jan 082015

IS 250

The panels of the doors and the board of the car are melting with the sun. Moving and parked

- Miami, FL, USA

Feb 012014

IS 250

Received "warranty enhancement notification - zld" from Lexus in late 2014. It offered replacement dash and door panels due to sticky and melting. My dash has melted so badly it shines in my eyes like a mirror. So far I have brought car to dealer 2 times, called 6 times and still no parts in stock to repair problem. Lexus Corp. Says dealer has not ordered parts and dealer says parts out of stock.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Jun 122013

IS 250

Interior panels are melting away, leaving a very sticky residue. My door panels have melted down revealing a green like substance, I no longer have black door panels. Took it to see what I could do, only to be told I would have to replace my door panels. I don't think it's something I should have to pay for considering this is a manufacturing problem, that should have been tested before every leaving the factory.. therefore I do believe it should be a recall on the fact it's a defective product, not so much a hazard, but a defective product that should be recalled. The material can not withstand high temperature, or high humidity causing it to be defective. What I would really like to know is what type of material is used to make this rubbery product, because if its melting away in high temperature the chemicals from that material could be hazardous to breathe in and can lead to certain cancers, asthma or respiratory problems if inhaled: Which would then be considered hazardous to our health if exposed to it, and since we are in the vehicle I guess we would be exposed to! if anyone has the answer to my question I would like to know.ty

- Greer, SC, USA

May 302014

IS 250 6-cyl

I have a beautiful Lexus Is 250 crimson in color that I bought back in Feb 2012. The dashboard has been completely mutilated.. it Is not a good feeling to know how hard you worked your tail off to be 24 years old and be able to afford the car of your dreams, and now just because it Is out in the sun, the dashboard melts. Sure wish I would have known this information when I bought the car. It was not damaged at that point. It looks terrible and it Is impossible to clean it without making scratches all over it.. I spent a good deal of money for my car, a car that Is suppose to be a luxury model, and yet a car that cost much less and Is not luxury looks so much nicer. Everything sticks to it! hair, dust, anything... Lexus has plenty of money to fix the product that they made. It Is a defect in their product, so they need to do the right thing and take responsibility for it. You would think, after the first few complaints over 10 years ago, that they would have stopped using whatever material it Is that has been melting. But no they kept using it and were intentionally screwing over many Lexus owners. And they encourage us to pay the money it takes to fix their problem just for them to make more money. If I were to get in a car wreck from the front, my dashboard would completely and easily be crushed. It actually bends at the point where my speedometer's dashboard rim Is. Really" do they think this Is safe and "luxury"??????" I guarantee that if someone that had this problem were to get in a car wreck and get even remotely injured, there would be a lawsuit. Just not safe.... please do the right thing.

- Pleasant Grove, AL, USA

Sep 042009

IS 250

The contact owns a 2008 Lexus IS250. The contact stated that the dashboard started melting and became sticky. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician declined to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000.

- Pullman, FL, USA

Apr 042011

IS 250

This Is in regards to my 2008 Lexus Is 250 interior panels sticking/melting with poor appearance and its deteriorating which can affect my safety as it will reduce my driving visibility. I have visited the following dealerships: Lexus of North miami, jm Lexus and Lexus of West kendall. On many occasions, I have pointed out the problems with my dashboard and side doors to several different service advisors. I mentioned the issues I had with my dashboard and door but they all just blew it off and stated that there was no problem with it. They all said it was just basic normal wear and tear due to the Florida heat. The areas that are affected are the dashboard, driver and passenger side door panels and rear door panels. It Is sticky, melting, degrading, leaves prints on your hands and fingers when touched. In addition, it leaves a black residue on your clothes when you accidently bump into it. I know that Lexus Is a brand that prides itself on pursuit of perfection¯ but I don't see that pride from any of the dealerships to resolve this issue. It's absurd how the service advisor can tell me it's due to the floridas heat and also the basic wear and tear as I have an older model Honda Accord and the dashboard and door panels are not deteriorating. I purchased a Lexus (IS250) because I loved the style and its reliability. My car still has its shine and does not have any major dents. I take pride in taking care of my investment. The exterior Is in immaculate condition and so Is the interior except for the deteriorating dashboard panels and doors. I would understand there would be basic wear and tear if my car was older than 10 years, but we are talking about a luxury car which should be using top quality material. In addition, the issue started 2.5 years after I purchased it new, which all the dealerships disregarded my complaints.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 012014

IS 250

My 2008 Lexus IS250 passenger side windshield bracket clip break off, when I drive at a high speed I can hear the noise that the wind tapping against the windshield. Because the bracket clip Is broken, so it will not hold the windshield frame down. I affair that it will come off and hit someone behind or people on the side walk if someone happens to be jogging. When I look at it, it seem that the bracket Is poorly design. The car at this age should not happens if the design Is look carefully. I never see like this before, even my truck 300,000 mile the windshield bracket still strong.

- Smyrna, TN, USA

Jun 032013

IS 250 6-cyl

In June of 2013 I began to notice that both my dash and my front door panels were sticky and were beginning to melt. Upon bringing my car into the Lexus dealership my service adviser took photos of the affected areas and submitted them to corporate for goodwill warranty. The end result is that I would have to pay for the service to have both my door panels and dash to be replaced. To me, this seems ridiculous. Lexus has acknowledged that this is a known defect with the material that was used on the dash, yet I should have to pay over $1000 to have the repairs completed? I opted to not get the repairs completed since I was planning to trade the car in at the end of this year for a newer model. To date the problem has gotten much worse; there are now chunks (!!) of door panel missing on both sides from my fingernails (which aren't excessively long) hitting them while I enter/exit the vehicle. Additionally, my dash is horrendous looking and is starting to have a bad glare against the windshield as the melting progresses. While this may just be "cosmetic" to some, it isn't at all what I paid for!! nor is it safe to drive a vehicle with a unnecessary and unsafe reflective glare that is being caused by cheap materials being used. To me, it seems like a manufacturers defect that should be covered under the manufacturers warranty, and furthermore at no cost to the consumer. I didn't spend $30,000 on a vehicle so that they interior could melt in the sun. I live in Florida and our summer temperatures are close to 100 degrees most days. I have never seen this happen to any of the other 7 vehicles I have owed, which makes it absurd that is occurring on my so-called "luxury" vehicle.

- Oviedo, FL, USA