2.9

2008 Lexus IS 250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus IS 250:

2008 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Sep 162016

IS 250

Defective dashboard: I have a 2005 Lexus rx 330 and the dashboard has fallen apart. It looks like shattered tempered glass and Is soft and sticky. Parts of the dashboard have fallen off. I spoke with the local dealer and they had no idea when parts would be available.

- Spring, TX, USA

May 022016

IS 250

Takata recall recall was issued on May 2016, and no remedy has been given to owners yet. Also dashboard was recalled for replacement as they became sticky / melted and at times produce glare. Local Lexus dealer approved replacement in October 2015, and still have not received the dashboards for replacement. Contacted Lexus corporate directly, but did not receive any specific set time for the availability of the part.

- Brea, CA, USA

May 012015

IS 250

The dashboard on my Lexus IS350 Is melting. The dashboard Is now shiny and sticky.

- Desallemands, LA, USA

Jan 012014

IS 250

Cam gear problems. When start the engine, there was a rattle sound for a second, this problem had been recall for Lexus IS350 but not IS250!!!!! and there are thousands of IS250 owners complaint the same problem as IS350, this problem may stop the engine while running, which is very dangerous. Here is the link for IS250 owners complaint: www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/654738-cam-gear-rattle.html

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 182015

IS 250

My son came home from college and said his dashboard was "sticky" and that it Is becoming a nuisance for him to drive. We tried to clean it, but it cannot be cleaned. The dash Is covered with various debris that collects and sticks to it. I then went online to see if anyone had similar problems. I found that Toyota has issued a wep, but it doesn't cover the month that my son's car was manufactured (it does cover the year it was manufactured).

- Brandon, MS, USA

May 132015

IS 250

The dashboard is melting. It is extremely tacking to the touch, attracting dust and debris (which cannot, then, be cleaned off).

- Brandon, MS, USA

May 042015

IS 250

Dashboard Is melting, causing a shinny intense glare on windshield causes poor visibility on sunny days....

- Hialeah , FL, USA

Jun 112013

IS 250 6-cyl

Affected parts: -- dashboard & all 4 interior door panels -- my 2008 Lexus Is suffers from a well known issue among Lexus owners in southern states. The dashboard and interior door panels become almost playdoh like under normal use of the car. My dashboard Is extremely melted to the point that it becomes mirror-like in direct sunlight. This produces a white glare on the windshield, severly impairs daytime driving and makes the car liabilty to myself and others. Door panels that leave sticky residue on my clothing have to be babied so that they don't crumble or become even more marred than they already are. Since I'm just outside their warranty, the dealer declined to assist me financially and as of today corporate refuses to help other than to allow me to pay them out of pocket for something that should not even be an issue. I am the 2nd owner of this car as of last year and a Toyota customer since I began driving in 2007. I just want Toyota to own up to this defective product and do the right thing. This Is neglect on their part, not mine. I didnt make the melting dashboard, they made it when they chose to use sub-par materials to cut costs.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA