NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2008 Lexus IS 250 (Page 1 of 2)

2008 Lexus IS 250 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus IS 250:

2008 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 152017

IS 250

Taking too long to repair

- Redding, CA, USA

May 312016

IS 250

Takata recall. We were told by Lexus 8 months ago not to allow anyone to drive in the passengers seat. Since we always ride together we can no longer use the car. It does not make sense that we bought a car this expensive we can no longer use.

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

May 092016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Lexus Is 250. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The dealer and the manufacturer were unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the part for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jan 042017

IS 250

Takata recall I am in zone B and my car Is approaching its ten year mark. I took my car in today and asked the sales assistant if there were any updates about the airbag recall and he told me, "no". what Is supposed to save me in an accident can now kill me. I am very disappointed in the amount of time this has taken and the response to consumer concern. Please put pressure on Toyota and takata to fix our airbags.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 272016

IS 250

Takata recall. Lexus sent out letter earlier this year and put me in the first round of "priority" recall replacement group. Letter also states that recall would be done by the end of 2016 for my group. Thus far I have not heard from Lexus, and when I reached out they said remedy is still not available. I have not been able to seat anyone in my front passenger side which is causing a lot of inconvenience to my daily life.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Dec 132016

IS 250

The contact owns a 2008 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 222016

IS 250

Takata recall. I have been waiting for an airbag since May. The Lexus dealership told me it was ok to drive just be very careful and noone sits in the front passenger seat. We are a family of 4. my husband drives a 2 seater Jeep. We have had to go out of town twice and drive separate vehicles and separate vehicles in town. It's ridiculous and noone can tell me when a replacement will be available.

- Meridianville, AL, USA

Mar 302016

IS 250

Takata recall-passenger airbag. When will the parts be available? I have been waiting more than 6 months. I called local Lexus dealership twice and the parent company once to question when the passenger airbag may be replaced. I was told it is not in their control. The last time I called the dealership where I purchased the car, the person I spoke with was not helpful. All 3 calls were fruitless. I travel a lot and passengers have to sit in the back. I need the car fixed so I can sell it and purchase another vehicle-not a Lexus! nor one with takata airbags.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

May 012016

IS 250

Takata recall- the contact owns a 2008 Lexus Is 250. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Spring, TX, USA

Sep 142016

IS 250

Takata recall: I was informed of the recall and contacted my dealer. The recall stated clearly that no one should ride in the passenger seat! this Is our only car and we are responsible for two grandchildren that have car seats. We now effectively have no mode of safe transportation. Lexus tells us nothing. I called to inquire about a loaner car and they said they did not have anything available. It appears that it may be a long time before the dealers have the replacement parts. I live in houston, Texas where the most severe weather has affected this part. I am hoping that your department can assist by asking the dealer to loan a car, move us to the top of the replacement list and/or offer a settlement to offeset the loss we would have to take to sell the carl. Sincerely, bill awalt

- The Woodlands, TX, USA

Jun 012016

Takata airbag.

- Sebasrian, FL, USA

May 022016

IS 250

Takata recall recall was issued on May 2016, and no remedy has been given to owners yet. Also dashboard was recalled for replacement as they became sticky / melted and at times produce glare. Local Lexus dealer approved replacement in October 2015, and still have not received the dashboards for replacement. Contacted Lexus corporate directly, but did not receive any specific set time for the availability of the part.

- Brea, CA, USA

Jun 292016

IS 250

Takata recall. My recall notice is dated May 23, 2016. I still have not received an official recall notice in the mail. The recall status is still listed as "recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available." I have called the westside Lexus service department in houston, Texas numerous times since I learned of the recall. Each time, I was advised that the remedy is not available and that the dealership would contact me when they have a remedy available. I first learned of the recall notice on June 29, 2016.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 302016

IS 250

Received notice from Lexus that until a remedy becomes available that I do not operate the car with a front passenger. Furthermore, that if I feel that Lexus has failed to remedy the defect in a reasonable time, to file a complaint. The reasonable amount of time in this case is, in my opinion, immediate. Hence, the reason and purpose of this complaint. There has been no problem thus far.

- Lafayette Hill, PA, USA

Jul 282016

IS 250

Received notice of recall with no remedy, telling me not to operate vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat, this Is impossible with 3 children and this Is only car. They need to provide me a loaner vehicle until they have a remedy. I need immediate solution

- Katy, TX, USA

Jul 222016

IS 250

Takata recall. Until remedy Is available don't operate vehicle w passenger!"!" with estimates of a fix not being available until at the latest possibly 2019!! how Is this fair to the consumer. This forces us to either a) put lives in jeopardy B) sell my car at a loss.

- Chantilly, VA, USA

Jul 082016

IS 250

The SRS airbag light went off, needs a new sensor which Is around $1700. The airbags won't work unless the sensor Is replaced which Is a huge safety issue.

- Kennett Square, PA, USA

Jan 152016

IS 250

Takata recall the recall letter I receive from Lexus regarding the takata air bag recall advised the following "until a remedy becomes available, we recommend that you do not operate the vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat." The car is mainly useless to me now. I rarely drive it because I can not use it as I intended. I typically have a passenger. Now the car sits in the garage. I essentially have lost use of the car. I need compensation.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Apr 132016

IS 250

Airbag warning light came on. Dealer says faulty instrument panel wire harness which renders my airbags inoperable. Cost to repair Is $3,600 with Lexus of carlsbad. $2,000 for the part alone and $1,600 for labor. This seems like a safety related manufacturing defect that Lexus will not take responsibility for.

- Encinitas, CA, USA

Jun 012015

IS 250

Air bag was never used but air bag light is always

- San Francisco, CA, USA