2009 Lexus IS 250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lexus IS 250:

2009 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

Mar 072016

IS 250

2009 Lexus Is 250 at only 63000 miles. Engine random misfires on cold start. Car shakes badly. Check engine light, traction control light comes on. Engine error codes P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306. When engine RPM drops from high to low, -4000rpm to -500, it some times stalls. Car has to add engine oil about 3 quarts between 8500 miles change intervals. Problems stated at less than 50000 miles, getting worse and worse.

- Mission Viejo, CA, USA

Sep 262012

IS 250 6-cyl

I had 2 times were the vehicle almost stalled at different red lights within a time frame of 2 days. Shortly after this I started noticing that my vehicle was driving like a 4 cylinder instead of a 6. I took it in to my dealership and they put the car on the computer and found 4 codes in the cars history. 1 stated multiple engine misfires, 2 stated misfire on number 2, 3 stated misfire on number 4 and 3, stated misfire on number 6. in all these instances I never had a check engine light come on. The dealer contacted corporate and a tas was opened for my car and corporate told the dealer to watch the situation and if it should happen again further action would be taken. I brought the car back in Friday for a different issue (radio problems) and told them the car was acting up again. They found no misfires and the mechanics said it was running within specs. Saturday the 29th my check engine light came on and stayed on until Monday afternoon. Contacted dealership and they scheduled an engine overhaul for October 15th and said it would be completed in about 1 week. I them filed a claim myself with Lexus corporate to evaluate the numerous problems and the fact that a 2009 with 37,500 miles needed an engine overhaul. The car Is very unreliable. I am supposed to hear back from Lexus Thursday the 4th of October. No news as of 14:05 est.

- Melbourne, FL, USA