2010 Lexus IS 250 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Lexus IS 250:

2010 Lexus IS 250 Owner Comments

IS 250

Takata recall-our recall notice is 6 months old and still no parts recall states "recommend that you do not operate the vehicle with an occupant in the passenger seat" do not feel safe with car so I don't use it can I get relief either a fix or use of a car?

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

IS 250

Takata recall when will this be resolved, it has been 6 months since my notice? it is not rocket science since other inflators are working.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jul 012016

IS 250

Takata recall- I have been advised not to operate my vehicle with an occupant in the front passenger seat which Is absolutely ridiculous! when calling Lexus service they just state they can't fix the recall at this time and really nothing they can do! this Is unacceptable. It Is going to take a death to make this recall important and get out problems fixed in a timely manner

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 062016

IS 250

Takata recall: I received a recall notice months ago stating that they have no remedy for this at this time but that no one should be sitting in the passenger seat or they may die. When are they going to offer a solution? it's not a solution to tell someone not to use the passenger seat in a 2 door convertible! I just want Toyota to be responsible and fix this.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Jun 092016

IS 250

Takata inflators- I received a recall notice in June 2016 and was originally told parts would be available in Sep 2016, then Oct- Jan 2017 and finally early 2017. I was told not to have anyone ride in my passenger seat. 1. this Is not possible long term 2. I don't have the money to pay for my current car plus a rental every 30 days and wait for a check to be mailed to me. 3. I dont have the means to store 2 cars long term. 4. I dont believe this problem Is limited to the passenger airbags. The dealership has been referring me to Lexus and Lexus has been referring me to the dealership. No one wants to take ownership and fix the problem. It Is not safe for me to drive my car and Lexus will not acknowledge the problem.

- Marietta, GA, USA

May 242016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/18/16

- West Minster, CA, USA

Jul 042016

IS 250

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Lexus Is 250. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Jul 092016

IS 250

Takata recall; I want this taken care of! I just found out about the recall because I went to trade my car in for a new one. I cannot afford the new one now, but I drive my grandchildren around every day. No one told me about this and I am livid. I have my oil changed every 5,000 miles at the local Lexus dealership so my information Is definitely on file. Does someone have to die for Lexus to take care of this"?" the lawsuits you will be paying for will be far greater than if they just hire extra people to take care of all these cars.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Feb 102016

IS 250

Takata recall. Recently financed a 2010 Lexus IS250 in Dec 2015. Shortly after I can't recall exactly when I noticed the airbag light was lit on, but I never paid much attention because I assumed that it was lit because it meant working active. After doing research I have learned that this was not the case and Is showing defective. This has been and still Is a big concern for many owners for a safety and deadly reasons. I am almost afraid to drive my car now for fear. I also do not not have the possible quoted other complaints for $3,000+ to fix this safety default. I am very disappointed in Lexus/Toyota for not having these defective non safe airbags on recall.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 012015

IS 250

The red airbag light is permanently on on the dashboard that indicates the passenger airbag is off. This is a huge safety issue! although Lexus has realized this is an issue, they are taking advantage of their design flaws and charging an exorbitant price to fix the problem. This should be considered a recall since apparently this issue is widespread amongst all of these models especially after the warranty has expired.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 222015

IS 250 6-cyl

Car went head on into telephone pole. Car was totaled. Severe front end damage. Airbags did not deploy..... updated 06/30/15

- Haddon Heights, GA, USA

Apr 182014

IS 250

The contact owned a 2010 Lexus Is 250. While driving approximately 50 mph, the contact swerved to avoid a crash from an oncoming vehicle. As a result, another vehicle rear ended the contact's vehicle. The contact's vehicle crashed into a tree and the air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained injuries and a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer stated that the impact did not meet the specifications that would warrant air bag deployment because the vehicle was crashed into from the rear. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Pine Bluff, AR, USA