2.5

2006 Lexus IS 350 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus IS 350:

2006 Lexus IS 350 Owner Comments

Jan 272014

IS 350

Takata recall I have yet to have my airbag replaced it has been 6 months since the letter notification was sent out. I no longer feel safe driving the car with the possibility of the air bag going off during a collision and sending shrapnel in any direction. Dash board recall I have been on the wait list for almost 2 years and my dash board has yet to be replaced. The dash board has been getting worse every month. The dash board has become so shiny its almost impossible to drive the car on sunny days.

- Van Nuys, CA, USA

Jul 012014

IS 350

Melting dashboard. Shortly after purchasing my Lexus IS250, I was contacted by Lexus informing me that they would be repairing their melting interior panels. It has been over a year and despite several attempts to get the repair completed have been told that I am on the list to be contacted. I have still not been contacted to have this repair completed. It makes it extremely difficult to see during daylight.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 012015

IS 350

Dashboard and door panels are liquefying. The melting dashboard Is creating a haze on the windshield that's obtrusive for safe driving. The door panels are cracking every where.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Aug 292014

IS 350

The vehicle has an exhaust leak due to the heat shield that makes it built corrosion, have talk to many Lexus owners and they have had the same problem, which also make the check engine light go on because of the leak

- Alsip, IL, USA

Nov 032014

IS 350

The dashboard of my 2006 Lexus IS250 Is slowly melting and becoming sticky. Unfortunately as it has, deteriorated the dashboard really reflects the light, so much so that it becomes blinding at times. I have not treated my dash with any chemicals or cleaners this Is a known problem among Lexus owners, it just at times becomes very worrisome since the glare from the dash onto my windshield becomes blinding at times if the light hits it right.

- Ewing, NJ, USA

Jul 012013

IS 350

Dash Is very sticky, this causes a visually impairing glare during the daytime. The glare Is so bad that sometimes you cannot see the car in front of you without wearing sunglasses.

- Fort Myers Beach, FL, USA

May 012013

IS 350 6-cyl

The material on the front dashboard and front door sides Is softening and melting. It Is extremely worse during the summer season. It leaves an adhesive type residue on everything that touches it.

- Harvey, LA, USA

Sep 122012

IS 350

When I first received my is I noticed that my dash was somewhat sticky/tacky and overtime I began to shiny/sticky dash causes a safety issue with glare on the windshield while driving and a degraded dash can result in possible degradation to the passenger front air bag because the cracks from the dash could potentially set off the airbags prematurely.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA