2007 Lexus IS 350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus IS 350:

2007 Lexus IS 350 Owner Comments

Jun 232016

IS 350

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Lexus Is 350. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 292015

IS 350

Takata recall I am having issues regarding getting this fixed as well as my dashboard and doors as they are melting and cracking away after several attempts over the last year to get this resolved I still have gotten no response and it is only getting worse. It's becoming harder and harder to see when driving due to the glare from the dashboard and not to mention the fact that it is literally falling apart day by day.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Feb 242016

IS 350

Air bag light turned on after having the fuel pressure sensor recall fixed. As soon as I picked up my car that afternoon and turned it on the light was on when the light was not on before until after they fixed what was needed to be fixed. Now they want me to pay around $2500 I am a college student and can't afford that and have seen it is a problem with a lot of people. And the cars warranty won't cover it due to the 72 months or 70,000 mile warranty my car is at 80,000 I feel that there shouldn't be any problems yet like that.

- Merced, CA, USA

Oct 292015

IS 350

The airbag warning light came off and on 3 years or so ago when I had started the car and sometimes while driving. When I brought the car in to the dealer the warning light was off, and the dealer checked but said they could not find the code. At the time my car was still under extended warranty. Now the light has come on again just as I was driving out after the car was serviced by the same dealer. They checked the code and said I needed to replace the airbag wiring harness for $2,798. The dealer offered to pay half of the cost since I am no longer covered by the extended warranty but since this issue causes the airbag to not deploy in case of an accident I feel that the full cost should be covered by Lexus, and a recall done for all the models affected...updated 12/03/15

- Belmont, CA, USA

Mar 292015

IS 350 6-cyl

Started the car this morning 3/29/15 and air bag light came on. Drove to store and came back light still on. Got home light still on. Went to auto shop gave me a code of B1861 SRS driver side knee air bag. Sounds very dangerous and im afraid that the air bag wont deploy during an accident......updated 12/03/15

- Buena Park, CA, USA

May 012014

IS 350 6-cyl

The dashboard panel has deteriorated to the point that it Is soft, tacky, and a significant glare Is reflected onto the windshield reducing a driver's visibility. The deterioration continues to worsen spreading throughout the dashboard where the passenger airbag Is enclosed.

- Houston , TX, USA

Aug 252014

IS 350

My 2007 Lexus IS250 dashboard has sticky/melting issue. While driving during summer hot day in Texas, the melting dashboard generates light reflection on windshield makes me difficult to see the front objects. It also makes me feel unsafe because airbags just under it. Not sure airbags get deployed in the right time or not if an accident happens. Lexus should recall dashboards.

- Southlake, TX, USA

Jul 062014

IS 350 6-cyl

The manufacturer needs to recall the dashboard in these vehicles, they become very shiny and sticky in the heat and causes extreme glare while driving. I am worried about how the vehicle safety will be affected by such a sticky surface covering the air bags. Lexus dealership was of no help, this needs to be a recall!

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jul 052014

IS 350 6-cyl

Took car to dealership due to shiny and sticky dashboard. Was told this Is a known problem but will not repair under good will since warranty has passed. Dashboard Is extremely sticky, will this cause air bag problems during an accident? the shiny surface also reflects and makes driving difficult in sunlight.

- Salinas, CA, USA

Jul 012014

IS 350 6-cyl

Dashboard is sticky and shiny, I complained to the dealership but they did not repair the defect. Dealership stated they have seen many of the same model vehicle with the same problem, but Lexus has not issued a recall. I feel this material is hazardous as it makes driving difficult since it causes a strong glare.

- Rio Linda, CA, USA

Dec 132013

IS 350 6-cyl

I was involved in a crash while driving my 2007 Lexus is on Friday December 13, 2013. I rear ended a Toyota sequoia truck. My car sustained heavy damage, yet the air bags failed to deploy. The air bag sensor at the front bumper was destroyed in the crash. I have never had any damage to the vehicle before this accident, and no repair work has been performed on the car other than routine maintenance and recall repairs.

- River Ridge, LA, USA