2001 Lexus LS 430 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lexus LS 430:

2001 Lexus LS 430 Owner Comments

Jan 012002

LS 430

I owned a 2001 Lexus LS430 from 2001 to 2004. During that time, the car would accelerate by itself when going slowly - down my driveway, into my garage, out of my garage, pulling up the driveway. It only happened when going very slowly - say five miles an hour or less - but it consistently happened. I took it to the local dealer a couple of times and they said, "we did not notice anything." I wasn't really concerned since I was usually only going around five miles an hour, and I would depress the brake firmly to not go faster, but it happened often. I eventually sold the car. I wonder if that car had problems like the recalled ones? don't know if the gas pedal was sticking or if the software running the engine was revving it up. It seemed like the gas pedal would actually depress on its own when this happened.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA