2007 Lexus LS 460 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus LS 460:

2007 Lexus LS 460 Owner Comments

Apr 152015

LS 460

The front control arm with bushing crack. Many owner have had this issue. As a result the repair is approx 2700 for new front control arm.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 152010

LS 460

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus LS460. The contact stated that when driving 15 mph and under and simultaneously applying the brakes, there was a loud banging noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was then taken to the dealer and they stated that the failure was abnormal and performed a diagnostic. The diagnostic test did not produce a failure code however; the dealer repaired the bushings and the upper control arms. The vehicle continued to experience the same failure after the repairs were performed. The failure mileage was 17,000 and the current mileage was 19,000.

- Parkland , FL, USA

Sep 302009

LS 460

I took my 2007 Lexus LS460 into Lexus of reno for it's 15K mile service on 11.12.08. During that service the dealer reported the tires in good condition with 8/32 of tread remaining. On 9.30.09 I returned to Lexus of reno for my 20K mile service. I was told that my tires were worn to the cords and that the left rear tread was separating from the tire body. They advised me the tires are very dangerous and I should not drive on them. They reported the tires are now at 0/32 of tread remaining although just looking at the tires the tread seemed to be more than adequate. I was told I did "something" to the vehicle to cause all four wheels to become misaligned. I took the vehicle to a local tire dealer and had all four tires replaced and the vehicle aligned. I did not keep the old tires as I concluded the problem was with the vehicle and not the tires. I do not drive this car hard. If I had done something horrendous enough to cause all four tires to become misaligned I would remember it. I can recall nothing that would have caused such damage. Therefore, there may be something wrong with the vehicle.

- Washoe Valley, NV, USA

Jun 252008

LS 460 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Lexus Ls 460. While driving 55 mph, the contact swerved to the left to avoid another vehicle and lost control of his vehicle temporarily. The vehicle leaned so much that it moved over almost two entire lanes. There was a lot of body roll in the vehicle. The dealer confirmed the contact's diagnosis and stated that it was due to the torsion bar, which controls body roll. The failure mileage was 31,600 and current mileage is 33,500.update 10/01/08 updated 10/02/08.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA