3.1

2008 Lexus LS 460 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus LS 460:

2008 Lexus LS 460 Owner Comments

Jul 152014

LS 460 8-cyl

This has happened over 5 times since owning the vehicle. After oil changes and off/on throughout owning the car it will have a hesitation on the acceleration. It will have high RPM's, but it is not going anywhere (loud engine noise). This is very dangerous if it decides to do this when passing someone on the highway and this morning it did it while pulling out into traffic and almost got hit as the vehicle did not move.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Apr 072012

LS 460 8-cyl

After a manufacture recall for the valve spring replacement, I had my first oil change. Directly after the oil change, I noticed that around 35 mph when I needed to pass a vehicle, I would step on the gas (most of the time pushing the accelerator pedal to the floor) the car was very sluggish and unresponsive. It would take about 10 seconds for the vehicle to slowly accelerate and then the car would take off with the rpms climbing near red line until I released my foot off the accelerator. If I set the cruise control at around 35-40 mph the cars engine surges. I can hear the automatic gear shifting going on as well. This happens much more frequently when it's hot and humid outside. This is an every day occurrence. I have taken my car to the repair facility, they have hooked up the computer to my car but it shows nothing. There are no associated engine lights with the surging. I only use 98 octane premium unleaded fuel, the vehicle has been looked over numerous times but still nothing. I have almost been in some accidents because of the problem. I'm worried for the safety of the vehicle.

- Apo, AP, USA

Mar 012011

LS 460 8-cyl

After the vehicle has an oil change, the car will (intermittently) hesitate to accelerate. This is especially dangerous when you are trying to merge into the freeway or similar occasions. When attempted to depress the gas pedal with expectation that the car will respond and accelerate as normal, the engine just revs up and the vehicle doesn't move any faster than current speed. This will continue for 5-10 seconds then it kicks in. This delays is very dangerous when you want to get out of harms way (accelerate to merge into freeway, passing etc). The problem is intermittent and will go away by itself within a few hundred miles (but will come back sporadically). All this happens by itself and cannot be reproduce at will. However the occurrences often happen after oil change or so (but not necessary). I have bought the car into the Lexus dealership(s) to fix (yes 5 times at different dealership) but they cannot fix this issue.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA