2008 Lexus RX400H wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus RX400H:

2008 Lexus RX400H Owner Comments

Nov 052015

The spare tire came loose, dragged and ultimately disengaged from the under carriage of my car while driving on a four-lane hwy. Thankfully, it did not kill anyone. Also, thank goodness it didn't get caught under my rear tire causing me to have an accident.

- West Hollywood, CA, USA

Nov 162014

RX400H 6-cyl

While driving back home from a road trip I noticed that the steering wheel started to shake and I heard a knocking noise. I was driving approximately 50-60mph. I slowed down and tried to pull over but before I could do so, my front passenger wheel (the entire rim and tire) broke off of the car. Luckily I had enough momentum and was able to pull the car over safely to the grassy shoulder. I purchased my car used back in 2012 and it only had 28,000 miles on it. This vehicle has always been serviced at a Lexus dealership (by the previous owners and by myself since I purchased the vehicle). I do not understand how anything like this could have happened. Luckily no one in my vehicle was injured and that the other drivers on the road were able to maneuver around my car and the tire that flew across three lanes of traffic on the highway I was driving on. The repairs to the vehicle was approximately $4,000.

- Central Islip, NY, USA