6.0

1. replace brakes (1 reports)
2001 Lexus RX 300 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lexus RX 300:

2001 Lexus RX 300 Owner Comments

Aug 012012

RX 300

I had both front and back brakes replaced….general maintenance once a car has 100K miles right? Well they would NOT STOP squeaking…….took it back to the repair shop over and over…they finally said we've done all we can, you just have to live with it. Not going to, so I took it to Lexus and for the 4th time they tell me……"it's because you didn't replace them with GENUINE Lexus parts. I paid ANOTHER $427 to replace them with the Lexus parts and sure enough….no squeaking.

Moral of the stories I have found with what seems like most everything with this vehicle is that you MUST replace with Lexus parts or the problems may not be resolved.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA