2001 Lexus RX 300 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lexus RX 300:

2001 Lexus RX 300 Owner Comments

Sep 252004

RX 300 6-cyl

I was involved in an accident where I collided with a pickup truck in front of me. We were traveling about 40 mph, when we both braked when a third car in front slammed on his brakes to make a sudden left turn without signaling. I'm concerned my airbags are defective because they did not deploy upon impact. There was substantial damage done to the front of my vehicle. It's a good thing the seat belt worked as it should, or I would have sustained injuries.

- Humble, TX, USA

Jul 052003

RX 300

When driving at low speeds, the vehicle surged forward without warning. This caused the driver to lose control of the vehicle and hit a building head on. Upon impact, both frontal air bags did not deploy.

- Lakewood, CO, USA