4.0

2004 Lexus RX 330 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lexus RX 330:

2004 Lexus RX 330 Owner Comments

Jul 012013

RX 330 6-cyl

I first noticed cracks in the plastic in several places running vertically on both sides of my dashboard and it looked like it was wet. It was very sticky to the touch and left a residue on my fingers like pine tar. My car is not sitting in the hot sun and is garaged for the most part unless going to the store.

- Englewood, FL, USA

Sep 032013

RX 330 6-cyl

The dashboard cracked in multiple places.and looked as if it were going to fall from the car. I went to Lexus after I read online that several cars reported this problem, but Lexus was not going to issue a recall. I agreed to pay half of the cost, because they said it was the best they would do. I gave them $1604. If there is a recall, I would love to get that money returned to me. They did a good job fixing it, but it should not have happened. My car is garaged. They claimed that the problem occurred because the car was kept outside in the Florida heat. Mine was not. Thank you for working on this problem.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA